Raleigh, NC

Hookstra

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, grey
Silver Golf this morning - 7:30ish am at Glenwood & Creedmoor Rd - followed him down Edwards Mill Rd until he ran a "pink" light at Wade Ave. Driving the car like he stole it ;)

jnecr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d
keep naming them, nobody ever stands up and claims these sightings. I finally gave up on it... Lots of TDIs around the Raleigh area.

Veruca Salt

TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI
Blue Jetta TDI in Smithfield

Saw a blue Jetta 2006 last night driving the business 70 in Smithfield. I knew it was a TDI even in the dark due to the Biodiesel bumper sticker! I was going to ask them at the next stoplight where they got it around Smitfield, but they turned off into a hotel parking lot, so that answered that! Yer not from 'round heer, are yuh?

Hookstra

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, grey
Red Jetti TDi late yesterday afternoon (5:30ish?) at corner of Edwards Mill & Duraleigh - the Jetta blew through a "pink" left turn light onto Duraleigh.

Hookstra

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, grey
Yellow NB on Edwards Mill Rd last evening. I've spied a cream colored NB on Creedmoor Rd a few times in the past couple weeks.

Hookstra

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, grey
Silver Jetta this morning with Michigan tags at the intersection of Glenwood & Creedmoor.

'07 Jetta yesterday, late afternoon, following me down Capital Blvd (I only knew it was a TDi because of the yellow inspection sticker).

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Hookstra:

I feel your pain. Makes me wish I was in Raleigh so I could claim one of your sightings. I have been posting Chicagoland sightings for quite a while now and all have, as yet, gone unclaimed. Don't get discouraged though, someday someone on here will claim one. Keep up the good work!

Dan

Hookstra

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, grey
Last evening on Creedmoor Rd - spied a very new Jetta (I could tell it was very new by the new grill pattern) with a Yellow inspection sticker behind me - in NC, a yellow Inspection sticker on a "new" car means it's a diesel.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Sorry - when I'm around that area, it's usually at 1430 heading west or 0015 heading east on NC98 .

Hookstra

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, grey
Black Golf - dark tinted windows on Edwards Mill Rd last evening at 5pm, between Trinity and Duraleigh Rd. Had Blue Ridge Parkway tags and the Amram Temple emblem/sticker in the back window.

Hookstra

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, grey
Grey Jetta - 96/97 year frame on Creedmoor rd this morning - it was northbound around 10:15 am (as I was headed to wake forest) and I noticed the same car southbound around 11:50 am (as I was headed back to creedmoor from wake forest).

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
__. Hey, Hook. I drove I-85 to Durham and then US 15-501 south from there through Chapel Hill on Tueday. I'll wave if I see you, OK? (silver Jetta wagon)

imperium

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
I am in the area around once every month or two..will wave if I see ya. I always hate that it seems like no one ever checks the sightings...I like to paint the glass on road trips so I can make sure to stand out! :)

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
yellow inspection decal....

Actually all "new" cars fresh off the lot get the yellow sticker, diesel or gas.....it's only after the first annual inspection do the gassers get the blue/white and the diesels retain the Yellow tell tale....so if you know the car is over a year old and it has the Yellow....then yah' its a diesel provided it's not an excursion or some other big honkin' SUV or Pickup......;) .....

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Or if your car is too old to have an OBDII port - like my 1988 Acura Integra with 233,000 miles.....

Hookstra

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, grey
Ok on the stickers, I figured that out over the past month. Anyhow - Blue '07 Jetta TDI this morning on Creedmoor Rd in North Raliegh Tag indicated it was a "zero 7" and definitely had TDI stamped on it.

Stevestyle67

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI; 1972 Chevelle (Malibu) Convertible
Silver 03' Jetta. You can catch me driving all over Raleigh.

I saw a Blue Jetta on the Beltline this morning driving slowly