www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Forum and Web Page Info > TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions

TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions This is the place for updates on the website and forums. This is also the spot for forum questions, comments, ideas, gripes, requests, etc. This forum is NOT for posting problems about your car. Non-topic posts will be moved or removed.

Old March 18th, 2017, 11:57   #1
Millennium Falcon
Veteran Member

Default TDIclub Facebook page.....

Do we have a FB page and if not........we should! VWdiesel.net has one but we are way cooler! haha
Old March 18th, 2017, 13:14   #2
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium Falcon View Post
....but we are way cooler!
Perhaps this is why we don't have a FB page. I see nothing "cool" about facebook.

Have Fun!

Don
Dieselgeek Shortshifter & Panzer Plate (my favorite & my smartest mods)
2MicronTech Pure Flow and Contain Flow CR fuel system modifications
JSWTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2017, 13:33   #3
vanbcguy
Veteran Member

I can't say that it has really done much positive for the forum (vwdiesel.net); if anything quite the opposite. I'm an admin over there. Since the Facebook group we've seen a reduction in forum traffic for one. Searchability with Facebook is awful - the same questions just pop up again and again, no previous threads, no history, nobody can easily find anything so they just ask. Again. And again. And again.

We definitely have a ton of people, but the signal to noise ratio isn't great, and the "tribal knowledge" level is pretty low.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
Old March 18th, 2017, 13:45   #4
Millennium Falcon
Veteran Member

I totally agree that build threads and stickys are far superior on the "forum" as is the search function. But, I think the FB page is nice for the social aspect. Being able to have conversations and post pictures is a little easier and more fun on facebook. Ive had the opportunity to meet and share info with some cool people on the VW facebook page. It definitely has some downsides as well. I can see how it would affect the forum trafic which is a bad things. I actually joined the VWdiesel FB page because no one was talking on the forum. I would ask a question and......crickets. Is this because they were all on FB? I love this forum and wouldnt want it to be negatively effected by a FB page, but it may also bring in some new traffic....
Old March 18th, 2017, 13:58   #5
Millennium Falcon
Veteran Member

I should also add that this forum is probably the nicest most supportive group I have been a part of... Everyone is so helpful and positive! When I first joined I expected the "google it" response, or similar. But that is not the case on TDI club. You guys are great! I am proud to have the TDI club stick on my back window.
Old March 21st, 2017, 23:54   #6
dhangejr

TDI(s): mk4 Jetta

Completely agree! This community is great and is 100% why I choose an older TDI vs a Prius! I was downgrading,if you will, from an m3 to something that gets good MOG.

That said the search function of Facebook is s joke. I realize sometimes I have repeat things to say after reading about them...I do throw those over on Facebook

I'll just say thanks to everyone here. Cool crowd IMHO compared to bimmerforims or m3forums!
dhangejr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:54   #7
Tdijarhead
Veteran Member

My vote? I hate Facebook.
Tdijarhead is online now   Reply With Quote