What did you do to your MK7 today?

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
'15 tdi

What did I do to my TDI today? I pumped D2 costing .60 cents a gallon more than RUG into the fuel tank.

Grrrrr.:mad:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Bought it! :D
2015 Sportwagen Highline (SEL for you 'mericans). Just in time for snow and sub-freezing temps here on the west coast. Thankfully, I got a set of snowies right away.

On the immediate to-do list:
- find a Mk7 GTI / GTD / R wheel that has paddles shifters; first car ever with an automatic, so might as well do it right. :)
- coming from a Pioneer 8000NEX, that Nav/infotainment system is atrocious! Gotta find a replacement. Suggestions?
- Monster mats, or WeatherTech...?
- Plug in my VCDS and see what I can tweak

(Oh - is there any way to light up the inner/high beam LED DRL like the Golf R does? Even if it means putting an LED in there?
Or is that just a dummy with no possibility of wiring in something to light it up?)

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Wow - no one doing anything with their Mk7... :(

A few days ago, I VCDS'd my way to the turn signals being both rear lights (hatch as well as side) per side; then today, put some red LED bulbs in there - which look look a LOT better. Light is much more red-red, as opposed to the orange-red of the incandescent bulbs.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Wow - no one doing anything with their Mk7... :(

A few days ago, I VCDS'd my way to the turn signals being both rear lights (hatch as well as side) per side; then today, put some red LED bulbs in there - which look look a LOT better. Light is much more red-red, as opposed to the orange-red of the incandescent bulbs.
I'll start a build thread here or the power enhancement forum. CP3, clutch/LSD, and GTD2060 coming this spring :cool:
I've done plenty of tweaking with VCDS as far as auto closing windows in rain, headlights don't "blink" when using turn signal, fuel consumption adjustment. There are so many things you can do. I think the freeze warning is annoying and saw the temperature adjustment in there for that as well, so that may be next.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Plz do the build threads here guys, this mk7 tdi forum needs all the help it can get when it comes to mk7 mods, also being a 1 year only dedicated sub-forum it's a more appropriate place for 2015 ea288 mods. Everything in the power sub-forum is all MK4 related anyway and threads in there get buried real quick with the hoards of mk4 boys. :rolleyes:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
GTB2260 is turbo from 3.0 CR TDI found in Audi A4, A6, etc and VW Phaeton, Toureg, etc.
CP3 is a high pressure fuel pump that matches the pressure and outflows the current CP4 while also proving to be less expensive ($450 new) and does not fail in the same way as a CP4.
It also takes less torque to be driven by our timing belt thus adding a slight uptick in fuel economy.

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
GTB2260 is turbo from 3.0 CR TDI found in Audi A4, A6, etc and VW Phaeton, Toureg, etc.
CP3 is a high pressure fuel pump that matches the pressure and outflows the current CP4 while also proving to be less expensive ($450 new) and does not fail in the same way as a CP4.
It also takes less torque to be driven by our timing belt thus adding a slight uptick in fuel economy.
Thanks for the education! :D

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Just finished up my CP3 upgrade. Filter kit will go in once I receive the filters! Runs just like stock on the new pump. Next up is the clutch and LSD sitting in the garage, just have to decide if I want to do it or take it somewhere as I've never had a gearbox open. So far I've done all the upgrades with this car, so maybe I should stick with that trend.
Also threw on my Fluidampr while I had the stock pulley off. If anyone wants to know, the lower timing cover has a tiny ridge (the stock pulley has a recess for that ridge) that has to be filed/cut/dremeled down so the fluidampr will mount fully. Also, the difference from the back of the pulley and back of the mounting surface between the stock pulley and Fluidampr is ~2.3mm. I'm checking tomorrow to see if the Fluidampr is rubbing on the cover and will have to sand it more or have the material removed from the fluidampr. A very interesting side effect of the fluidampr install that I'll continue to monitor is that I have zero DMF shudder occurring in 5th and 6th under 2k RPMs that I had with the stock pulley ever since getting tuned. I tried and tried to recreate the shudder and it is all gone so far!

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
So none of this was done today but o well. It's all cosmetic and nothing performance related but I like to be a bit different and enjoy the OEM plus look.
Installed left and right rear headrests that came off a 2007 A4. The stitching is different and the leather has a slightly different pattern but unless you are looking for it you would never notice. Not to mention the massively reduced blind spots when looking the the rear view mirror far out weigh any differences in style.

Some people love to de-badge their cars but for whatever reason I've always been a bit jealous of the grill badges that our GTI counterparts get so I made my own. I used a set of tailgate badges that I stuck to generic ebay aftermarket TDI grill badge. The ebay badge needed to be trimmed down a bit to get it to work and the mounting studs bent to get the right fitment but I think it came out pretty good.

I also wanted a set of fender knife badges that said TDI instead of GTI but they don't exist and would cost way more than I wanted to spend to get them custom made. Instead I modified a set of ebay badges that said Volkswagen. Originally they were a weird baby blue color that didnt fit with the rest of the badges. I stripped the original enamel and repainted them with a metallic blue. Not the best picture in the world but here it is. The photo makes it seem like the lettering is a bit messed up but its just a bit of road salt that I haven't washed off yet.

Last but not least i installed a set of the rear window spoilers that all newer GTIs get. Again they were an ebay purchase. I pulled all the cheap adhesive tape off and added some good 3M stuff instead.

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Last but not least i installed a set of the rear window spoilers that all newer GTIs get. Again they were an ebay purchase. I pulled all the cheap adhesive tape off and added some good 3M stuff instead.
Nice! I really like the rear "aero" elements of the GTI. I'm always jealous when I see one. How difficult was the installation, and what 3M adhesive tape did you use? I'd love to do this. It might be silly if i'm planning to turn my car in this year, but that's another story...

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Nice! I really like the rear "aero" elements of the GTI. I'm always jealous when I see one. How difficult was the installation, and what 3M adhesive tape did you use? I'd love to do this. It might be silly if i'm planning to turn my car in this year, but that's another story...
It wasn't all that difficult. It took way longer to replace the adhesive than to actually install them. I used this tape:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JOVUO0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think I saw that the actual OEM parts have a tab that hooks under either the spoiler or an additional trim piece but the ebay ones I got dont. All that was involved for the install was to clean the glass really well then line up the the top of the fairing and press it against the bottom of the spoiler and then carefully press the rest onto the edge of the glass. Im sure I could have been more precise in the install but I was able to do the whole thing by eye.

NorthVan

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi: 2014 Touareg TDi
Purchased a new 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi Highline. Fully loaded, Black on Black. I will be installing the wheels from my 2011 GTI that I traded in on it. Love the car, almost bought one August 2015 and regretted not since.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
It wasn't all that difficult. It took way longer to replace the adhesive than to actually install them. I used this tape:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JOVUO0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think I saw that the actual OEM parts have a tab that hooks under either the spoiler or an additional trim piece but the ebay ones I got dont. All that was involved for the install was to clean the glass really well then line up the the top of the fairing and press it against the bottom of the spoiler and then carefully press the rest onto the edge of the glass. Im sure I could have been more precise in the install but I was able to do the whole thing by eye.
You'll have to report back on any changes to road spray and dirt buildup with those. They do add a nice touch visually as well!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Purchased a new 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi Highline. Fully loaded, Black on Black. I will be installing the wheels from my 2011 GTI that I traded in on it. Love the car, almost bought one August 2015 and regretted not since.
What kind of discounts were they offering on it? We have a new TSI wagon on order (base Trendline with Connectivity Plus package, Apple CarPlay and multi-function leather steering wheel), manual, for when the VW buyback finally comes through for us Canucks, to replace my wife's 2013 Golf Wagon. We tend to keep our cars for a long time. I'm a bit TDI-shy after all this nonsense, and I don't think the fuel savings would make it viable from economics alone but as our wagons are our main road trip cars, the extra range would be appreciated.

Did you get DSG or manual?

NorthVan

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi: 2014 Touareg TDi
What kind of discounts were they offering on it? We have a new TSI wagon on order (base Trendline with Connectivity Plus package, Apple CarPlay and multi-function leather steering wheel), manual, for when the VW buyback finally comes through for us Canucks, to replace my wife's 2013 Golf Wagon. We tend to keep our cars for a long time. I'm a bit TDI-shy after all this nonsense, and I don't think the fuel savings would make it viable from economics alone but as our wagons are our main road trip cars, the extra range would be appreciated.
Did you get DSG or manual?
Bought the DSG Highline with Tech Package (HID Lights and Fender). They were taking $6,000 off and giving 0% financing for 5 years. Trade my MK6 GTI and my wife's 07 Acura MDX in on it, we also bought an VW extended warranty that gives us 10 years 200,000km warranty on everything. The dieselgate issue doesn't bother me, especially after reading this article.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/dieselgate-investigator-speaks-out-on-volkswagen-emissions/

The late models will have some easy fixes, I bought my Touareg August 2016, and will be inline for a nice compensation cheque from VW.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Fixed an armrest rattle that has been bugging me since purchase over a year ago. This little door made quite a buzzing noise when the armrest was in any position but fully closed and you had your arm resting on it.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Bought the DSG Highline with Tech Package (HID Lights and Fender). They were taking $6,000 off and giving 0% financing for 5 years. Trade my MK6 GTI and my wife's 07 Acura MDX in on it, we also bought an VW extended warranty that gives us 10 years 200,000km warranty on everything. The dieselgate issue doesn't bother me, especially after reading this article.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/dieselgate-investigator-speaks-out-on-volkswagen-emissions/
The late models will have some easy fixes, I bought my Touareg August 2016, and will be inline for a nice compensation cheque from VW.
I thought about another TDI but figured the TSI wagon we have on order will do the job we need it to do. Today I did a 40 km drive, 400 feet net downhill, little or no wind, 90 km/h, 14C at the time of the drive, and when I got home the MFD was showing 4.9 L/100 km. No, not my wife's TDI but my '16 Golf TSI. Just love the thing! Adjusting the MFD for its built-in error, I still end up with an excellent 5.3 L/100 km. Plus it burns RUG, not premium.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I purchased mine on Friday the 21st. Took its photo.

2015 GSW S DSG, midnight Blue with black interior.

Looking forward to this thread picking back up now that the last of them are being sold.

nsocwx

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagen S
Bought it! I've been trolling this forum for a few weeks and the number of posts in the MK7 section has sure increased over the last few days!:D

KnightWolf

TDI
2015 Golf Comfortline
I Plasti Dipped the VW emblem, Golf, & TDI red and tinted the tail lights.
This weekend I plan on dipping the front emblem along with the bit of chrome, potentially tint the headlights as well.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
60k miles on the Golf so I changed the air filter out. Interesting setup with a warm air snorkel activated by a thermostat for when temps get really cold or snow starts making its way into the filter intake? Snorkel runs to a metal pipe that pulls air from over top of the turbo. There is a pretty decent snow screen here as well in the first picture.