Gtb2260..... In 2.0tdi 170hp

Boyka

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a4 avant 3.0 tdi Remap
Good work!!!!
Turbo good for 300hp with appropriate mods??

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
Looks like what I am running on my 2.0 CR although I went with the 2060vklr.. Great spool up on these, but need to fix fuel issues before I create a thread ;)

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
I need a really great turbo for my next build and I think its intresting discussion about 'BMW GTB2260VK' vs. 'MB GTB2260VKLR'...

What are the differences?
Which one spools fastest?
Which one can deliver most horsepower?

Speak.

Boyka

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a4 avant 3.0 tdi Remap
I agree with Theo, That I would be very interesting!

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
There is one point that I don't quite understand.

"Which one spools falstest?"

Spoolup was never a problem IMHO, I could get my GTB2260VK on bone stock 1.9L PD TDI to boost 1.6bar @ 2000rpm with no problem.

The problem is SURGE.

So you should rather ask: Which one matches best to smaller displacement and is less prone to surge instead of asking which one spools fastest.

If you are talking transient response, for sure the VKLR will give better results than journal bearing VK, and in theory it would also spool up faster IF there was no surge issue ^^

Regarding surge line maybe the GTX style wheel could give better results or some 7/7 split blade design.

jetta_mkV

TDI
Jetta MK5 TDI-R
Looks like what I am running on my 2.0 CR although I went with the 2060vklr.. Great spool up on these, but need to fix fuel issues before I create a thread ;)

Great choice on the turbo! I have the same. Can't get the smile off my face every time i drive my car. Its one amazing turbo. Its more responsive than the 2260vklr but sacrifices its max power output as a whole from what i have read up. JTT is running the 2060vklr on his newly bored out 1.9L to 2.0L mk4.

moivw

Veteran Member
TDI
Séat ibiza(s): ahu and pd100
Please contribute to your thread and show why it would be worth !

Last edited:

jetta_mkV

TDI
Jetta MK5 TDI-R
Please contribute to your thread and show why it would be worth !
If you are referring to me then I will be able to show you what this turbo can achieve on my engine once I get a few more logs done when I have time so I can get a revised tune. If you have read JTT's thread he explains pretty much everything that has to do with both 2260 and 2060 vklr's and what they are capable of. I'm sure there is enough evidence on his thread to answer everyone's questions. I am no professional at car modding but I was able to do most of my build project on my own and am still learning as I go. I can only speak and I will only speak of what information I receive from other sources and how I personally feel when adding a mod to my car and if it is worth it for myself or not.

I feel shame to have even written there
If you are referring to my post, I feel that this comment is a smart ass comment and is completely unnecessary. If not, I apologize and take it back.

moivw

Veteran Member
TDI
Séat ibiza(s): ahu and pd100
If you are referring to me then I will be able to show you what this turbo can achieve on my engine once I get a few more logs done when I have time so I can get a revised tune. If you have read JTT's thread he explains pretty much everything that has to do with both 2260 and 2060 vklr's and what they are capable of. I'm sure there is enough evidence on his thread to answer everyone's questions. I am no professional at car modding but I was able to do most of my build project on my own and am still learning as I go. I can only speak and I will only speak of what information I receive from other sources and how I personally feel when adding a mod to my car and if it is worth it for myself or not.

If you are referring to my post, I feel that this comment is a smart ass comment and is completely unnecessary. If not, I apologize and take it back.
God what s this?
You don t know you did not start this thread?, sorry if it was not clear.
No worry a 2060vklr is what i plan to use next )

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
So is this BKD PD140 as per your post or PPD170 as per title? BKD won't do 280bhp on stock injectors.

Ash