Transmission trouble

joann7028

TDI
2002 jetta
Please help!
I have a 02 jetta tdi which I adore. I have 400K on it. I have had the transmission rebuilt twice the last time was a year ago. The day I picked it up from the repair guy the second time it bangs when it downshifts frome third to second. Happens around 38 mph. Took it back and he says it is a software issue. and the map was bad. OK we replaced map and it has done it for last year. Last month the starter went and we got rebuilt from O'Reillys it never sounded great, then started to grind Well it chipped teeth on torque converter. So the car is in a million pieces in driveway. Husband is being a brick. While he has apart that darn tranny is not going in there like that. Called the tranny guy he insists it is software problem. I can't understand how problem s:mad:tarted the minute i picked up from repair place. Can anyone please help us. What is software problem who updates it any idea what it costs. If I am very careful I can drive it without the big clunk. Unfortunately I can't do it when husband is in car, so he thinks I clunk all day.