20K service question.

Newbombturk2000

TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI
My service writer at my dealer here in South Florida is trying to sell me a $200+ injector service at my free 20K service. Is something I need to do or are they trying to F()C% me?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
ask them for the "parts" or better yet the VW part numbers and you'll do it your self!!!

VWPilot

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
You are being ripped off! It's a standard money making gimmick that the dealers sell to unsispecting owners. Unless your car runs like crap, you absolutely don't need any injector service. And if your car has performance issues they should cover it under the warrantly.

IFRCFI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
My service writer at my dealer here in South Florida is trying to sell me a $200+ injector service at my free 20K service. Is something I need to do or are they trying to F()C% me?
Nope.

Tell them you want the oil change, fuel filter change, tire rotation, any ECU flashes, and if 2 years have expired, the cabin air filter.

You need NOTHING more.

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
also tell him to point out in your owners manual where it states that you need an injector cleaning at 20k. HA what a load of crap. Im sorry you're already running into a dealer like this. I guess I got lucky and my dealer has been great so far.