audi 80 tdi faultcode??

Larsa_b

TDI
Audi 80Tdi
Hello! I have a question about the fault codes on an audio 80tdi-94, I have used vagcom and got the following fault code:

00527 intake manifold sensor (G72)
29-00 short to ground

where you find this sensor?
the car feels weak, and nothing happens below 2000 rpm

sorry for my bad English and thank you for a wonderful forum

Jonixins

TDI
Audi 80 B4
audi 80 tdi below 2k rpm is a turbo lag, it's uneffective and possible black smoke. I believe G72 is loccated in front of turbine hose from intercooler to intake manifod.
MAF is Bosch and made from alu or Pieburg and plastic?

Larsa_b

TDI
Audi 80Tdi
Jonixins said:
audi 80 tdi below 2k rpm is a turbo lag, it's uneffective and possible black smoke. I believe G72 is loccated in front of turbine hose from intercooler to intake manifod.
MAF is Bosch and made from alu or Pieburg and plastic?

the maf is plastic, Maybe I should try to change the turbo then? I have a spare parts car that the engine runs well in the engine

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Check the wiring and performance of the intake air temperature sensor (G72), located on the charge air tube. Follow the pipe backward from the intake manifold and you should find it.

Use the VCDS to check the intake air temperature in engine measuring blocks, while the engine has been cold for a while. Compare the value with fuel, coolant, and the (known) outside air temperature.

The part number is 028906081 if you need a new one. It should come with a seal, N 90316802.

Last edited:

Jonixins

TDI
Audi 80 B4
Larsa_b said:

the maf is plastic, Maybe I should try to change the turbo then? I have a spare parts car that the engine runs well in the engine
Snälla
It looks normal for that type of turbine, if you want to change ir, you should consider VNT17 from passat/ a4 (including manifold, cooler, another ecu, downpipe, duesen, N75 etc.) and custom chiptuning.
Only inyour country it could cost a small fortune.

Larsa_b

TDI
Audi 80Tdi
Jonixins said:
Snälla
It looks normal for that type of turbine, if you want to change ir, you should consider VNT17 from passat/ a4 (including manifold, cooler, another ecu, downpipe, duesen, N75 etc.) and custom chiptuning.
Only inyour country it could cost a small fortune.
yes it will rape my wallet:(