2015 tdi

Den

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Baltic Green & 2015 Passat SE TDI 6 spd. auto.
Are there any issues with the newer 2.0 L engines clogging up like in the past ?

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
Not that I’ve read about and not that wouldn’t be covered by the 11/162K emissions warranty.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
When the OP says "engines clogging up like in the past" I think the OP is referring to the engine and not the exhaust...I am going to venture a guess he is referring to the intake clogging up...?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Heh, the pre-ULSD days of intake clogging seems like child's play compared to the potential problems the newer cars have. We left the intake clogging from the past, in the past. Welcome to 2007. ;)

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Heh, the pre-ULSD days of intake clogging seems like child's play compared to the potential problems the newer cars have. We left the intake clogging from the past, in the past. Welcome to 2007. ;)
Good ol' intake clogging. I'm not sure if that is what the OP was referring to but it is what I first thought of. Next it was "No intake clogging, just HPFP explosions." To be fair, while HPFP failures happen, intake clogging was going to happen.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
so you're implying a HPFP will never fail? ;) even those too will fail eventually.

Lucky us it's just been extended beyond the miles we've been seeing.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Are you guys saying that CCV / EGR-related intake clogging is something I shouldn't be worrying about? I had the impression that this was an issue more or less universal to DI engines (particularly diesels).

It seems to be a big issue in the BMW world, so much so that there's a recall on the diesel cars for intake inspection and cleaning / replacement if needed.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There are 100 other things, including the car being hijacked by flying monkeys in clown suits, that I would be worried about more than the intake clogging on any TDI today.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Well, that's a bit of a relief! Or not. Mine is approaching 100k with nearly no issues (touch wood) and I'm hoping to keep it at least 200k.

The biggest issue I have is that mine seems to attract dents and dings like nobody's business. Thinner sheet metal or just more jerks than when I had my B4 Passat?