www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old July 17th, 2017, 05:31   #76
jokila

Fuel Economy: 52/45/40

Is it needed in every tank? I find carrying the bottle of Power Service messy to deal with and hard to measure accurately from the bottle.

I guess I could keep it at home and remember to use it, but wonder if anyone has a good solution for the measure. If I could find a way to carry individual pours in the trunk that won't leak from the container I would be happy camper.
jokila is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 07:54   #77
maxmoo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokila View Post
Is it needed in every tank? I find carrying the bottle of Power Service messy to deal with and hard to measure accurately from the bottle.

I guess I could keep it at home and remember to use it, but wonder if anyone has a good solution for the measure. If I could find a way to carry individual pours in the trunk that won't leak from the container I would be happy camper.
I carry a 1 liter bottle of additive and a clean empty 500ml water bottle in a heavy duty zip lock bag, stored in the little cuby hole with the rubber strap in the trunk.
I use the water bottle, with a permanent marker line at 100cc, as a measuring cup and to pour the additive into the tank.
That way it is always with me and no stink and no spill.
maxmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 08:53   #78
BobnOH
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

I fill an small olive oil bottle with 4 oz. and carry just when needed. Last week I went 800 miles, took 2 pre-measured bottles.
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:30   #79
Genesis
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 53/48/42

Just stick a bottle in the trunk near the spare tire, and a funnel. Put "some" in when you fill, before the fuel goes in.

Quantity isn't all THAT important with this stuff, and there's no cost to "too much" other than to your wallet. It's inexpensive enough that frankly I don't get the point in trying to be too cute with the quantity.

I've run this stuff in boats and land vehicles for quite a long time and I like it -- it's inexpensive, available anywhere (including at Wally!) and works. Use the gray stuff during the summer and white in the winter (if you're in an area where temps go materially below freezing; if gel risk is not at issue where you are then use gray all the time.)
Genesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 13:13   #80
UhOh
Veteran Member

I'm no way an advocate of biofuels, but I'm wondering if periodic use of biodiesel would also help. Biodiesel is known to clean out crap from fuel system, maybe it also cleans up injectors a bit?
UhOh is offline   Reply With Quote