www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi A3

Audi A3 Discussions area for Audi A3 TDI (2010+ in Canada & the US).

Old May 14th, 2017, 21:18   #16
TorontoSteve

I bought a "new" 2015 A3 TDI on April 28 at an Audi Dealership in Toronto - it had 87km on it.
TorontoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 08:26   #17
MBQ
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoSteve View Post
I bought a "new" 2015 A3 TDI on April 28 at an Audi Dealership in Toronto - it had 87km on it.
Care to share the price?
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 22:15   #18
TomB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 34 mpg on first tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejerry View Post
I know I'm talking VW on the Audi thread, but the stories are pretty much the same no matter the brand.

As far as being a glut-- Word has it that the pre-AD BLUE models are proving too expensive to repair, and those buy-back cars that didnt have the Adblue system are headed offshore to be sold as they are currently configured. South America, Australia and Asia are about to be flooded with them.

Here in North America we can look forward to having very few diesels available. The ones that will remain will be the 2015's, and the prior year ones where people opt out of the fix. Any that are registered for repair will eventually be given a choice between keeping it as is or selling it back. I dont see a fix happening on vehicles not currently equipped with Ad Blue.

That's my unofficial opinion of what I've been hearing talking to a few Vw engineers I know. No one I've spoken with sees any news about a viable, cost-effective fix.

The value should hold pretty strong. KBB and NADA have already made concessions about the "New" 2015 TDI's, I'm sure with Audi they are or will be doing the same. Showing them as 0-1 year old cars, even 3 years on.

Vw went diesel-less 2x that I remember. From 93-99 and sometime around 2005 for about a year or so. I dont see them coming back for at least 5-6 years minimum, if at all.

We can debate all we want, but those who like the TDI they will see a value in them. Those who dont cant be persuaded.
All I know is supply is limited, and there are no more once these are snapped up.

I'll roll the dice, and keep these as long as they are viable to keep. I've driven TDI's and diesel VW non-TDI's since 83 and average at least 350-400k on them before I sell. IMO- you can't beat them.
The court settlement required fix or DESTRUCTION. They cannot be sold offshore.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 22:27   #19
TomB
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejerry View Post
I know I'm talking VW on the Audi thread, but the stories are pretty much the same no matter the brand.

As far as being a glut-- Word has it that the pre-AD BLUE models are proving too expensive to repair, and those buy-back cars that didnt have the Adblue system are headed offshore to be sold as they are currently configured. South America, Australia and Asia are about to be flooded with them.

Here in North America we can look forward to having very few diesels available. The ones that will remain will be the 2015's, and the prior year ones where people opt out of the fix. Any that are registered for repair will eventually be given a choice between keeping it as is or selling it back. I dont see a fix happening on vehicles not currently equipped with Ad Blue.

That's my unofficial opinion of what I've been hearing talking to a few Vw engineers I know. No one I've spoken with sees any news about a viable, cost-effective fix.

The value should hold pretty strong. KBB and NADA have already made concessions about the "New" 2015 TDI's, I'm sure with Audi they are or will be doing the same. Showing them as 0-1 year old cars, even 3 years on.

Vw went diesel-less 2x that I remember. From 93-99 and sometime around 2005 for about a year or so. I dont see them coming back for at least 5-6 years minimum, if at all.

We can debate all we want, but those who like the TDI they will see a value in them. Those who dont cant be persuaded.
All I know is supply is limited, and there are no more once these are snapped up.

I'll roll the dice, and keep these as long as they are viable to keep. I've driven TDI's and diesel VW non-TDI's since 83 and average at least 350-400k on them before I sell. IMO- you can't beat them.
Where is edit on taptalk!! Lol. I hit enter too fast.

Having had 6 TDIs since 2000 and having dealt with all the issues, stupid decisions, and other VW screw up, I definitely appreciate the TDIs.

Yet, because of this experience, I am willing to speak the truth about the current US and Mexico made cars. They suck. The USA production saw the introduction of cheap parts and materials like seats and dashes. After 5 years the 2012 interior is showing its age. It won't last like the older TDIs.

The quality of the 2005 Passat TDI GLS cars will NEVER be again.

I have moved to the Audi line with the still German production with German appointment. Sure the USA and Mexico builts are more economical (cheaper) cars, but quality was sacrificed.

My S3 just landed in San Diego. Turn in date for 2015 A3 TDI is June 1. With the A4 arriving a week later and the 2012 going back. Glad to see the Passat go, the ride, the performance, the interior were getting old. I will misd the A3 and its mileage.

I LOVE diesels but will stand my ground. VW doesn't get to just slap out **** on a plate and call it wonderful. Otherwise a Chevy Cruise Diesel would have been fine.

Old May 15th, 2017, 22:59   #20
kltk1

TDI(s): 2005.5 Jetta

Thanks for all the back and forth folks. Can the thread get back to the Audi A3 TDI and if they've been released for sale/repair? Looks like someone in Canada purchased one...
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 21:39   #21
TomB
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
Thanks for all the back and forth folks. Can the thread get back to the Audi A3 TDI and if they've been released for sale/repair? Looks like someone in Canada purchased one...
We are talking about A3 TDIs... are you the moderator?

Well back to cricket chirps. I can take my experience elsewhere....

Old May 17th, 2017, 08:11   #22
Terry270
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
We are talking about A3 TDIs... are you the moderator?

Well back to cricket chirps. I can take my experience elsewhere....

You did some talking about the A3, along with a lot of rambling about your Passat and 6 other TDIs and your new S3. And at no point in your babbling did you actually answer this guy's question which is, are the 2015 A3 TDIs being sold again like the other 2015's?

I thought they were, but so far only one guy has said yes but he's in Canada.

Last edited by Terry270; May 17th, 2017 at 08:14.
Terry270 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 18:49   #23
paperthin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 15 A3 TDI

I am very interested in a used a3 tdi 2015. Anyone returning one anytime soon that I can swoop in and buy from the dealer? Let me know.
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:36   #24
TorontoSteve

$39,000 Cdn. Technik trim level and technology package. Approx 13% off MSRP.
TorontoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2017, 19:02   #25
paperthin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 15 A3 TDI

As of today, purchased used 2015 A3 TDi. I pick it up next week. I am kind of excited.
Old July 4th, 2017, 22:25   #26
blueVW

What do you guys think is a fair discount (either percentage or dollars) for a "new" 2015 A3 TDI?
blueVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2017, 12:43   #27
Leeshepard

TDI(s): 2015 a3

Trying to decide whether to sell back my 2015 A3 for $39k. Seems like a no brainer price wise but if I keep it I get about $8.5k in restitution plus the 150k warranty. So basically I would be “paying” 30.5k, no sales tax, for an A3 in excellent condition with lowish miles and a crazy long emissions warranty.
Leeshepard is offline   Reply With Quote