15 Jetta dash like Christmas tree

15TDIJETTA00

TDI
2015 JETTA SEL
Starting a few days ago, sometimes when I would start my Jetta just about every warning light would come on the dash (ABS, steering, traction control, air bag, TPMS). After about a mile or two of driving they would all slowly start to go off, except sometimes the air bag light. If the air bag light stayed on after a little driving you could turn the car off then back on and it would go out (no lights on dash). Today for the first time, all of the lights stayed on. After some research the only thing I can find it might be in an ABS module and I understand that’s not a cheap fix. Anyone have any idea what could be going on? Please help!

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Vcds scan.
Without it, you might as well write on a dart board every possible culprit and throw darts and see where it lands.
Check your local Facebook marketplace or Craigslist, a lot of people do scans for as low as $20.

Do that and then upload here, we will be better suited to help.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
Agree with sandmansans. So, not just your AutoZone "free" scan either, find someone with a comprehensive scanner that reads deeper into VAG vehicles.

RUGsux72

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI w/DSG & 2013 Beetle Convertible TDI w/DSG
My 2012 started doing this exact same thing. Performed VCDS auto scan and have multiple control modules with communication failures. My assumption is wiring breakdown at ABS module since some moron decided to put it right next to exhaust manifold. I dare not try to unplug it as I’m sure it would crumble in my hands…I did coat the entire harness plug with WD40 and gremlins have gone away🤷🏻‍♂️

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Also, verify that the battery is good. (Don’t drive it to autozone/advanced etc, that can give you a false charge).