2011 Jetta Sportwagen wet floors

Bleuchzsteve

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportswagen
Hey guys and gals:

I just bought a 2011 Jetta Sportswagen and am super excitEd to be part of the TDI family. The only issue we have had is the floors are wet after rain, both front passenger and back passenger floors. I did research and found that this issue is usually caused by the pano sunroof leaking, so I took it apart yesterday. The front drains both seem to work correctly and there was no wetness on the headliner. The back drains were also hooked up but the hoses were just dangling and seemingly expelling the water in the back wheel wells where there is dampeners and electric wires. I don’t know what next steps to take. I know the back hoses are supposed to be connected to two black grommets but it seems like the hoses will not even reach to the floorboard. I was hoping someone would have experience fixing this problem, any input is greatly appreciated . Thanks!

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
if the hoses won't reach, can you find a piece of tubing, like fuel line and add a piece? i had to re attach mine, i used silicone or shoe goop. if i remember right they almost fell apart up near the sunroof at a joint, and were disconnected at the grommet in the wheel well.
i had my spare tire well filling with water. it was also leaking around the rear hatch window. (rusty)