www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old April 18th, 2020, 12:52   #1
Theguy1084

Default Built BRM long block

I started this project about two years ago. My priorities have changed and now it sits. Iím looking for $4000 obo.

-Dark side head port and polished
-Oversized valves
-Upgraded Springs
-BHW pistons (machined block to fit pistons)
-Rosten Rods
-120 injectors
-Dark side race cam
-ARP head studs and main studs
-New timing belt and water pump
-New bearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Theguy1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2020, 07:09   #2
dtrvler

Fuel Economy: 53 mpg

Sent you a pm. Call if you want to talk about it.
dtrvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2020, 08:35   #3
dtrvler

Default Buyer Beware

I made a deal with this guy to buy his built long block he had 5700 in for 3500. He had asked for 4000 but we agreed on 3500....his price. I agreed to his price. Then I said I wanted to use escrow.com to do the transaction and I wanted us to share the cost of a little less than 140 total. Never heard from him again. I reached out a couple more times, nothing
So that makes me think he was possibly running a scam. I half expected him to say he wanted me to pay the whole escrow.com fee but he said nothing. So BE CAREFUL on buying this item posting.
Old July 14th, 2020, 23:03   #4
Theguy1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrvler View Post
I made a deal with this guy to buy his built long block he had 5700 in for 3500. He had asked for 4000 but we agreed on 3500....his price. I agreed to his price. Then I said I wanted to use escrow.com to do the transaction and I wanted us to share the cost of a little less than 140 total. Never heard from him again. I reached out a couple more times, nothing
So that makes me think he was possibly running a scam. I half expected him to say he wanted me to pay the whole escrow.com fee but he said nothing. So BE CAREFUL on buying this item posting.

Wow guy! Iím the scam? Thatís funny. Youíre deal had ďclassic scam" written all over it. Even IF youíre not a scam, Iím not agreeing to pay extra money to make you feel better about your purchase after low balling the crap out of me. My deal was $3500, not $3430. The escrow scam is an old one. Try to be more creative next time.
Theguy1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2020, 02:22   #5
dtrvler

Default No. Escrow.com is no scam.

I said above I half expected you to ask me to pay the entire escrow fee which I would have if you would have asked. But you never did. Lowballing? You asked for 4k. We settled on 3500.
Not that far off. But don't accuse me of scamming. I've done many deals on here and you are the first guy that ever just dissapeared. My last post in this thread was June 2nd. Its July 15th. That's a month and a half. I just said "be careful." Please stop.

Last edited by dtrvler; July 15th, 2020 at 02:36.
Old July 15th, 2020, 21:39   #6
nicklockard
Torque Dorque

Fuel Economy: 25.5, combined

Just because someone doesn't answer to your terms request does not make them a scammer; it means they got busy, distracted, or didn't like the terms and didn't feel like dealing.

Both of you: my advice is let this drop. You don't seem like a good match for a smooth, friendly sale. Wait for the next one. Good luck all.

-Moderator Nick
nicklockard is offline   Reply With Quote