2001 VW Jetta TDI - 5 speed manual (ALH)

Phil Lewandowski

TDI
2001 Silver 5-Speed Jetta GL TDI
FS: 2001 VW Jetta TDI - 5 speed manual (ALH) - $2500 OBO

Hey all!

I am sadly having to sell my beloved 5 speed TDI with ALH engine due to twin babies and the need for a minivan. It is in very good mechanical condition with a lot of new parts over the past few years with maintenance records and receipts (See Dropbox PDF link below for maintenance history). It does have a Stage 1 Malone Tune and Dynamic EGR Tune, which is great for the reliability of stock gear.

I am the 2nd owner. Non-smoking its entire life. I purchased it at 225,000 miles in 2013 and the first owner's miles were almost all highway. It currently has 313,000 miles.

I have all the maintenance records since I have owned it and even some of the first owner's records. See receipts of main repairs and timing belt service below. I have most all the receipts for repairs I've done available for you as well. Oil and filter Changed every 5k miles with Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 oil. A/C works with brand new compressor. No dash lights on except for the silly "front brake pad indicator". The brake pad monitor isn't hooked up, so once and while the light comes on. But most of the time it is off.

Highlights of recent repairs:
-New Turbo (Mahle VNT15 OEM spec)
-New Clutch and Flywheel (Original wasn't slipping yet, but had almost 300K on it)
-Complete Timing Belt Job done at 274K miles with 100K Continental Belt (see picture)
-Almost completely new and refreshed suspension since owned
-Air Intake Manifold Replaced and completely cleaned, along with EGR
-High End Michelin tires: New front tires with over 60k miles of life left; Rear tires have abut 10k miles left
-You can download and see the maintenance history on this link of a PDF in Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xzrjdi1005q3b4/Maintenance History - 2001 VW Jetta TDI.pdf?dl=0

It has a rebuilt title as I was rear ended into a car in 2016 and since they don't know how to value these TDI's the insurance company wanted to "total" it. I bought it back from them for $500 and then simply repaired the damage. I have a picture of what was repaired below. As well as possibly more pictures available of the damage that was repaired as requested. It was inspected back in 2016 when we lived in OH. It has been Titled and Licensed in MO under my name since my wife and I moved to MO and registered it earlier this year. You can see the original MO Title I got when we moved from OH, as well as the passed safety and emissions in MO in the images.
This is also the desired ALH engine model, so buy it just for the engine and transmission if you'd like as well!

Here is the full craigslist ad: https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-vw-jetta-tdi-diesel-5/6762443783.html

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or further pictures!
Phil

Last edited: