2014 golf sportwagon

shortime

TDI
2014 golf sportswagon
long story short and need some advice,bought a 2014 golf sportwagon with 101 klm on it,thats 62k miles,car runs good,no idiot lights on seems to be ok but i dont know the history of maitnence on it whatsoever,Auto transmision,so myself i really look after my vehicles and keep them a long time if they treat me good so just cuious as i usually do my own work as i wont pay a shop unless i totally have to,anyone have any advice on what to do first and what to check to get this car going forward with proper care

mjez

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
My rule of thumb when I get a new to me used car is to change all of the vital fluids and filters as well as visual inspection of everything. So I'd say change engine oil and filter, transmission fluid and filter, also brake fluid, since most folks never do that one. I would also check coolant and PS fluids, those may not need changing yet but it's a six/seven year old car so it wouldn't hurt it. Then do the air and cabin filters. Then inspect all the belts, TB is probably due for a change because of its age. Suspension components etc.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk