2013 Passat Windshield Washer Fuse Location

cookk

TDI
2011 Jetta
This is the most bizzare thing I have ever seen. I can't find a fuse diagram for the 2013 Passat TDI ANYWHERE. In frustration I purchased a washer motor from NAPA and installed it. No luck - it still doesn't work. I have NEVER owned an automobile that I had such difficulty locating a fuse diagram. Its not the blueprint to a nuclear bomb! Any help??

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
your google search are lacking, within a few seconds I found countless "2013 Passat Fuse Charts" in the imagines

cookk

TDI
2011 Jetta
Yep, I found those too. But most indicate slot 40 is for the windshield washer - and there is no fuse in that location - and the washer worked up until a few days ago. I tried putting a fuse in that 40 spot - no change in operation. Most of the diagrams lead you down a rabbit hole of signing up and logging into something.

VernK

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat 2.5L Gas
The wiring diagram for the 2012 cars shows the washer pump controlled directly from one of the control modules without any fuse. Specifically, the Vehicle Electrical System Control Module J519, located under the instrument panel on the driver's side. I'd think the 13s are the same.

Yours
Vern

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
For some reason that I do not know I cannot edit my previous post.

Since I do not have a fuse diagram I bought special fuses which light up when they blow. This should make it easy to identify which fuse needs replacing.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
My beetle did not have fog lights, i bought the vw retrofit wiring harness for it, the instructions as to fuse locations were wrong, a friend who is a tech for a vw dealer printed the fuse diagrams from vw for the car, still wrong. The only solution was to remove and replace the fuses one at a time until the tag lights went out. The fuse was actually a different amperage than what vw indicated as well. I had the same issue with the power draw caused by the radio (fuse was under the hood not inside the car). That being said, I would take a photo of the fuse block and check each individual fuse. I thought there was a fuse for the washer fluid pump, i thought some folks had to replace that fuse after the washer fluid froze, but it may have been jettas.