Replacement In dash Cup holder!

gypsyslady

TDI
I'd try to get one used if I were you. The cup holder in our 2000 Jetta busted and the dealer quoted us over $100 for the part (rip off cause it's a cheap design to begin with). A mechanic buddy of my husband's got us one off of an older "parts" car.

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
[LEFT said:
paramedick[/left]]1J0858601D, $67 from 1stvwparts.com
Thanks I got an E-mail out to them because the part number shows a Vin# and it doesn't match mine. Not sure how they match up Vin#'s with car parts. It showed the 99.5 -2003 but the vin# was different than mine. $66 is a lot cheaper than the $120 I saw on E-bay. E-bay used to be good,
nowadays
they charge more than Retail and charge more for shipping than the parts cost.

Nitrowolf

Veteran Member
TDI
White 2003 Jetta TDI
It's also really shallow and won't hold anything taller than a pop can without spilling... and your arm will always hit whatever is in there and spill it anyway, heh.

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
Looks like I will have to Cough up the dough for the real McCoy! My wife doesn't think it is worth $67 or so dollars just to have a cup holder. Of course she doesn't and never has driven so she doesn't know how hard it is to keep it between the knees. Especially when you have a stick shift. Thats right, she is turning 51 this month and never has driven a car.

Don Cavicchi

TDI
2000 Jetta
I have a 2000 and did not like the cupholder as the jaws where a pain etc, this is not good as I am a serious coffee hound. Anyway i liker the holder in the new modles better so I picked on up for $20. Much easier to use than my type. To make it even better I cut off the grabbers on the sides and am very satisifed with the results. May want to try it.

Don Cavicchi

TDI
2000 Jetta
I have a 2000 and did not like the cupholder as the jaws where a pain etc, this is not good as I am a serious coffee hound. Anyway I liked the holder in the new models better so I picked one from an 02 up for $20. Much easier to use than my type. To make it even better I cut off the grabbers on the sides and am very satisifed with the results. May want to try it.

spelchek

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Golf 2.0l TDI
MAn, the cup holder in my golf is great!.. takes all sizes of drinks and the 'divider' between the two holders is adjustable AND it doubles as a bottle opener. :) There is also space in each front door 'basket' to hold a 1.25l bottle :) Its bloody handy I can tell you.

Sorry to hijack the thread.. but the cup holders on my golf are so cool i couldnt resist :)