TDI 98 Transporter new ECU trying to fit key to it

charliecrown

TDI
transporter
hello all.

i have bought myself the hex tool from ross-tech, wifi/live verision.

and i have this transporter 98 TDI that the ECU seems broken on. so i got a new ECU and are trying to get the old key fixed to the new ECU.

but when i follow the instructions on ross-tech.com on immobilize and entering the adaptation (10) and try "go" ithe reset code does not apear, and 01 is emty so i get ERROR no valid code.

is there any other place i can fix the old key to the new ECu so it is not immobilized ? the car starts but cuts off, and is the only errorr code i get when running the program on it.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
First off, a 98 does not have an immobilizer within the ECU (in mot 100% on the transporter but i'm still fairly sure)
the only security feature there is is the little security box behind the leftmost air vent in the dash (again on the transporter im not 100% on its locations) that needs to be jumped to bypass.

Second, why do you suspect that the original ECU is bad? 99.99999% of the time they are good. unless you actually opened it up and damaged it, it probably is still good.

Third, welcome to the forums!

Last edited: