Nice Car Co?

robinhood

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI 5spd
Has anyone had any experience with Nice Car CO. in bellingham?http://www.nicecarsco.com/

Looks like they have some nice older passats.
I am in the market for another TDI since my wifes car is not doing so well.

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Robin, yes, many threads already existing on them. Have a look.

Matthew_S

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS galactic blue
I've worked on a number of the cars that they have sold. They seem to do what they say they do to them but not all the cars they sell are prime specimens. To be fair B4 Passats were not well built cars and they are so old now that very few of them that are left are any good. I would stay far away from a B4 Passat unless you are looking for a new time consuming hobby or have wads of cash burning a hole in your pocket.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
To be fair B4 Passats were not well built cars and they are so old now that very few of them that are left are any good. I would stay far away from a B4 Passat unless you are looking for a new time consuming hobby or have wads of cash burning a hole in your pocket.
No truer words ever spoken.

AKWALKABOUT

TDI
1996 B4 TDI 1Z
I purchased an overpriced b4 a little over a year ago, from NICE Cars. Be it the numerous pieces and parts that continue to break or the extensive rusting under the body of the car...Its going to be a tranny this week.

They buy cheap rusted east coast cars and double to triple the price. Will make promises about the restoration and sell you a warrenty that isn't worth the paper its printed. Do not purchase from this used car dealer as they tend to sell lemons and have very poor customer service.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
The cars come with a 1 year parts only warranty,,unless you live nearby, wherein they will throw in the labor. Lots of parts laying around. A number of rusted vehicles. They will bargain...but know your stuff before You buy there.
Owner is nice...but do bargain.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I called on a Passat that was for sale on Craigslist here in MA: relatively low miles (95K), some issues according to the owner, but not a bad car. Nice Cars bought it sight-unseen for full price. They also offered to buy my B4V when I had it for sale. Just saying that they do get some of their cars from the Northeast. And Passats do rust.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I was there. They pickup me up at Bellingham Airport. Number of old Caddys there. They try to get pieces to match up . Did not get same color headrests, beige interior..but they gave me grey ones. The battery they got me was NOT the OEM spec one.. but the cheapest Walmart one....so if you buy there....make sure the battery is the OEM spec one. Walmart does sell the OEM spec one at $105, but Nice Cars gave me the $40 special.... it lasted only 2 years.

Just for your info....know your stuff.