FMIC Installed - now what?

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
Eurojet is installed on '00 Golf. I had to do some 'custom' work to connect the pipes to my 'stocked' VNT17, but everything else is OK.
The big problem is installing the front bumper cover on. There is a lot of cutting of 'extra' stock plastic involved. I hoped to retain the 'stock' look, but it looks like it will be impossible. Does anyone know if there are some other (aftermarket) bumper covers (i.e. Rieger) that would fit fine over this FMIC?
By the way, I checked the compression ratio on my engine and it's still right at the top of factory spec (31PSI) for all four cylinders. This was a very pleasant surprise considering there is 416,000km (258,000miles) on it. Is there a special coating on cylinder walls?

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
diesel4ever said:
Eurojet is installed on '00 Golf. I had to do some 'custom' work to connect the pipes to my 'stocked' VNT17, but everything else is OK.
The big problem is installing the front bumper cover on. There is a lot of cutting of 'extra' stock plastic involved. I hoped to retain the 'stock' look, but it looks like it will be impossible. Does anyone know if there are some other (aftermarket) bumper covers (i.e. Rieger) that would fit fine over this FMIC?
By the way, I checked the compression ratio on my engine and it's still right at the top of factory spec (31PSI) for all four cylinders. This was a very pleasant surprise considering there is 416,000km (258,000miles) on it. Is there a special coating on cylinder walls?
Your best bet is too post some pictures of your install.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
diesel4ever said:
By the way, I checked the compression ratio on my engine and it's still right at the top of factory spec (31PSI) for all four cylinders.
Are you talking about your tires or your compression? (I think you mean 31 bar) ;)

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
Dimitri16V said:
yeah, really..
31bar=449.6psi That would be pretty high for regular tires. I was referring to engine cylinder compression.
I will try to post some pictures of my FMIC installation and clearance issues once I get home.