01P transmission issue

igor_ko

TDI
VW Eurovan 2003
Hi there,

My issue is the following:

1. When I change P to Drive and I am on a little bit uneven surface, usually a car doesn't move until one pushes the gas pedal.

However, in my case, it moves slowly down. Nothing stops the car.

2. If I push the gas pedal, the car doesn't move while being on even surface. To move I need to push the gas pedal more until about 3000-4000 rpm and only then it moves slowly.

Once I removed the G38 sensor and it worked properly meaning I was able to start moving without additional acceleration. However, after a short time it didn't move again without acceleration. I replaced G38 by OEM one. However, it didn't help.

The ATF level is ok. ATF was bought at VW dealership.

Oil pressure is ok as well. I measured it.

There is no trouble code.

There's a lot of small particles like black paste in the transmission pan about 2-3 mm deep. The ATF has burned oil smell. I disassembled the oil filter and it had no metal/plastic pieces.

What would be your thoughts about the cause of such issues?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Igor

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
The clutch packs in the trans are probably gone (in other words, that's what the black goo in your pan is). No clutch packs, no drive.

Sounds like it might be time for a trans rebuild/replacement. Not sure if the 01P has the same "reputation" as the 01M, though, I'll leave that to more knowedgeable folks like Oilhammer and CoolAirVW....

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
On our Eurovan facebook group, it is always a matter of when, not if, your slushbox will die. That along with the VR6's timing chains.

TDI+manual conversions are becoming more popular all the time.

igor_ko

TDI
VW Eurovan 2003
01P EQJ K1 friction and steels plate thickness.

Hi there,

I have a question about VW Eurovan 2003 01P EQJ automatic transmission K3 clutch.
Could you please provide your friction and steel plates thickness to be sure I am purchasing the right one?
In my current K3 worned out clutch there are 7 friction and 6 steels plates.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Best regards,
Igor