TDI Transporter 68bhp now 200+ I hope !!!

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Wups! Looks like I compared apples and oranges. I forgot yours was a VE while Fab's car was a PD :p

resto1975

Veteran Member
TDI
T4 1.9tdi
I wish i had converted to PD but when i first started with my old 1Z i had no intentions of going this far, I am sure there must but something in Low sulphar diesel that makes it addictive ;-)

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400

Comparing our dyno's I think you can get that sucker to spool sooner =) (That's VE vs VE)
Mine hits max torque at 2500rpms, and your turbo should be able to beat that. Should move your max hp to the left some too since mine gets there at about 3500rpms

GJ Mate. keep it goin'

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Based on the video of the dyno run, I suspect that the low low-end torque is an artefact of the very quick run-up and lack of inertia.

How do you like the cam? :)

resto1975

Veteran Member
TDI
T4 1.9tdi
Based on the video of the dyno run, I suspect that the low low-end torque is an artefact of the very quick run-up and lack of inertia.

How do you like the cam? :)
The engine feels great, much more usable powerband especially with the new gearbox i had built with a much taller diff it pulls forever, i tend to run out of road before i run out of revs !!
I am sure there are some small tweeks that would maybe improve it a little but i don't want to spend forever changing the setup, it feels strong on the road and still makes my passengers develop momentary tourretes so i am just going to enjoy it for a while !!
Nice job with the cam ;)

Arturekk

TDI
AFN 2.0
Hi resto1975, i'm building same 2.0 afn for vw t4 right now. The only problem for me is the head gasket. Did you use PG G60 head gasket in your engine? Any modification to it or it's been just plug'n'play?

resto1975

Veteran Member
TDI
T4 1.9tdi
If i remember correctly i used a G60 gasket but had the piston crowns machined to obtain the correct protrusion as there are no thickness choices available for the petrol gaskets