www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW B5 Passat TDIs

VW B5 Passat TDIs This is a general discussion about B5 Passat(>98 (2004-2005 in North America)). Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old March 3rd, 2019, 19:27   #16
Jetdavdub

Pulled the carpet it was a little bit moist under there there's no standing water down there in that little Bay. I see how maybe the carpet cleaners could have gotten overzealous and gotten detergent under there. Maybe. Does the sunroof vent drain down in that section also? seems like it's supposed to come out in the door jamb or under the car but if that is disconnected will it go in that area? Going to inspect. Tia
how do I remove the scuff plate without breaking it I already have broke it trying to remove the carpet do I need to remove where it goes into the seat belt first I've already cracked it trying to remove it to pull up the carpet to dry all of it. Damnit HeMan
Found under battery tray was clogged with debris so cleaned it with the wet vac. Where does that water go when it's clogged?
Checked and replaced fuse with another same type. Thanks quick TD

Last edited by Jetdavdub; March 4th, 2019 at 09:32.
Jetdavdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2019, 04:51   #17
PickleRick
Veteran Member

Not only can sun roof drains allow water in but so can inner door seals and the seals around your cabin filter and ecu box under the hood.

After resealing everything my passenger rear door seal decided to leak like crazy with no warning. Adjusting door jam tighter did nothing.
Old March 4th, 2019, 09:31   #18
Jetdavdub

Thanks pickle Rick watched videos of those other areas.
Thanks ejos will check egr components too.
I'm going to guess that the carpet cleaners have no idea there are expensive components and wires below there it was wet but not overly wet like there was a leak whatsoever. I've been down there with a hair blow dryer drying all the components carpet, mat , wires, box etc. So far that code went away on its own. I pray that's all it was. Went through the car wash to check. Still staying dry.
Now to work on the flap issue.

Last edited by Jetdavdub; March 4th, 2019 at 18:15.
Old March 12th, 2019, 12:39   #19
Jetdavdub

Still have code for the internal kam keep awake memory. Double checked is still dry on floor.

What could this affect operation wise? I don't see it affecting performance currently.

I ordered the flap valve part used from my friends shop. I took old one out and the PO removed the flap from the unit allowing air to freely go past anytime.

So maybe I should have left the old one there without a flap, no flap, no flap to malfunction. lol

Holy EGR clog! also probably looked just as bad as yours did last week. Took that off cleaned it and installed new what looks like throttle body. anti shudder valve?

MPG increased on this commute yet again. so interesting.

Did not get emissions workshop this drive.

Also regarding trans rebuild I trust the guy. He had another mk4 jetta tdi. Said used upgraded hub, forget at the moment the part were referencing (Torq Conv hub?)

Last edited by Jetdavdub; March 12th, 2019 at 13:40.
Old March 14th, 2019, 10:01   #20
Jetdavdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by afarfalla View Post
You may get lucky and it will work, if not you should be able to find one on this site, I always carry 3 TCM's And 3 ECU's

If the TCM is dry, then you may want to follow my fellow funny member's advice and look for an open wire in the TCM's harness. A voltmeter and light bulb is great for this procedure. Mr Quick has access to what ever schematics you need. Good luck keep us informed.

thanks afar! Why do you have so Many TCMs and ECUS LOL sounds like a should get a couple on standby hahahah
Old March 14th, 2019, 14:44   #21
afarfalla
Veteran Member

I have two 05's getting ready to buy a 2nd wagon, they are spread around the family. My attic is full of spares. You can never have enough electronics, how much for your unused TCM.
afarfalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 19:34   #22
QuickTD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afarfalla View Post
I have two 05's getting ready to buy a 2nd wagon.
Buying it just to crush it?
QuickTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 20:36   #23
afarfalla
Veteran Member

I can fix mine!

Any Newbie who has a limit knowledge of how to turn a wrench needs to stay away from these cars, unless they are rich.
Old March 14th, 2019, 20:54   #24
afarfalla
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Jetdavdub;5491264]Still have code for the internal kam keep awake memory. Double checked is still dry on floor.

What could this affect operation wise? I don't see it affecting performance currently.

I ordered the flap valve part used from my friends shop. I took old one out and the PO removed the flap from the unit allowing air to freely go past anytime.

So maybe I should have left the old one there without a flap, no flap, no flap to malfunction. lol

Holy EGR clog! also probably looked just as bad as yours did last week. Took that off cleaned it and installed new what looks like throttle body. anti shudder valve?

MPG increased on this commute yet again. so interesting.

Did not get emissions workshop this drive.

Also regarding trans rebuild I trust the guy. He had another mk4 jetta tdi. Said used upgraded hub, forget at the moment the part were referencing (Torq Conv hub?)[/QUOTE
\

if you don't figure out why the module is not going to sleep your battery will die, you need to figure out if the TCM is bad or another module keeps talking to it,keeping it up?