www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old June 16th, 2019, 12:21   #1
GlowBugTDI

Fuel Economy: 43 mpg average
Default MAF or n75 valve??

Hi all,

the other day I lost boost in my beetle, this is the second time it has done this in a month. that actuator is fine. i fiddled with the n75 valve and i can blow and vacuum air both ways through the black spout on the lower right side. is that normal? somewhere i had read that means it's bad or something... either way i couldn't get boost back. so i tried unplugging the maf. i drove it out the driveway and boost it works!! drove it half a mile, plugged the maf back in, and now it drives great. is my maf going out? a bad connection? this is the second time it has happened to me (both in the past month). last time I turned the car off, restarted and it was fine. Did that a couple different times actually, but it had been fine for the last two weeks until yesterday.

Thanks,
GlowBugTDI
GlowBugTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 12:23   #2
csstevej
Veteran Member

Any CEL ?
Old June 16th, 2019, 19:38   #3
GlowBugTDI

Fuel Economy: 43 mpg average

check engine comes on but i also had to do an egr delete (kinda broke off and shot exhaust out by the windshield wipers), so that comes up as well. when there wasn't any boost though the light wouldn't be on then soon as the ecu shut the turbo down the light would come on. where as normally the engine light is always on because of the missing egr.
GlowBugTDI is offline   Reply With Quote