Spare ECM with DPF delete tune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDItundra

TDI
2014 Jetta premium
So Like many of you I want to install a DPF and EGR delete exhaust. And from what I've read I need the ECM tune from Malone. And here in New York, I believe this will fail the yearly inspection. So unless there's some way around this, I'd have to get a spare ECM with the tune and swap out the exhaust and ECM every time I need an inspection? That seems exessive but it's the only thing I can think of. Theres gotta be a better way.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
So Like many of you I want to install a DPF and EGR delete exhaust. And from what I've read I need the ECM tune from Malone. And here in New York, I believe this will fail the yearly inspection. So unless there's some way around this, I'd have to get a spare ECM with the tune and swap out the exhaust and ECM every time I need an inspection? That seems exessive but it's the only thing I can think of. Theres gotta be a better way.
Yeah, just skip the the DPF delete and get a Malone Stage 2 with your current exhaust. It will work just fine. Motor on! Problem solved and even at a much lower cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.