Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
These STR.T are are real bargain. Low Pressure Gas Struts and Shocks, they have all the great Koni technology and performance at a low cost with Koni's Lifetime Warranty.

I've driven this suspension with Koni's sport springs at TDI Fest when Koni was kind enough to bring a car to Fest and help in our booth....I was impressed with how well the car performed!

Volkswagen 99-05 GTI, Golf IV, Jetta IV (Exc. Wagon) - STR.T- Street (Orange)

They make a great combo with lowering spring sets like Koni Blue Sport Springs, or Eibach Springs....or the Shine Real Street Springs

While supplies last :

Koni STR-T for Mk4 1 pair Front Struts 8050-1001 / 1 pair Rear Shocks 8750-1002

Free Ground shipping in the 48 US States

$330 For 2 new Front Struts and 2 new Rear Shocks

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-406/Mk4-Golf--fdsh--Jetta/Detail

[FONT="Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica]- Golf TDI Mk4 ALH (1999-2003), BEW (2004-2006)

- Jetta TDI ALH (1999-2003), BEW (2004-2005)

- New Beetle TDI ALH (1998-2003), BEW (2004-2006)
[/FONT]

Last edited:

bmccrea

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Golf TDI Wolfsburg, '10 Touareg TDI
Can you put into perspective where these would fit if comparing to FSD's, Red's or Yellow's?

VailPowder

TDI
bmccrea said:
Can you put into perspective where these would fit if comparing to FSD's, Red's or Yellow's?
These would be the entry level product, and are priced so that they should be price competitive with any shock or strut product out there....but offer the sort of driving performance that we prefer.

At the moment Koni only makes the STR.T 's for some of the popular vehicles that have a strong enthusiast following...like Mk3 and Mk4 VW's.

Based on how they drove with the Koni Sport Spring... this is a great product! Especially for the money.

VailPowder

TDI
yatzee said:
how do they compare to the Bilstein TC's?
We will get more feedback and opinions over time... but I think they would compare favorably.

My first impression? I would choose the STR.T over TC.. and I'm a long time Bilstein HD or Bilstein Sport fan.

VailPowder

TDI
We've sold quite a few of these new Struts! Any feedback?

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
They will work well with the stock springs, won't they? And do you offer the strut bearings or are all the required bits packaged together with the 4 units?

VailPowder

TDI
Powder Hound said:
They will work well with the stock springs, won't they? And do you offer the strut bearings or are all the required bits packaged together with the 4 units?
Yes they will work with stock springs or lowering springs... Koni has a very nice Sport Spring for the A4, BTW

And we have a full suspension install kit with all the goodies...or you can get it with the Audi TT front lower control arm bushings, and that is a nice upgrade.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I've installed a bunch of them.

Nice. Firmer than the TC with better damping and rebound control. Made in argentia though. Cofab? we'll see how long they hold up. Have friends that travel the country for outward bound, loaded car, lots of miles.

VailPowder

TDI
jasonTDI said:

Nice. Firmer than the TC with better damping and rebound control. Made in argentia though. Cofab? we'll see how long they hold up. Have friends that travel the country for outward bound, loaded car, lots of miles.
Thanks for the feedback!

When Bob from Koni was at TDIfest he told me that the quality of the parts/ material and technology were maintained. So the quality of the Red Konis should be there, as well as the life time warranty. Only the adjustable feature is gone.

MethylEster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5. Red, 5 Spd
jasonTDI said:

Jason,

When you did these installs, were they with the OEM springs or after market sport springs ?

I'm specifically interested in feed back using the OEM springs. Don't know that I want to lower the car because of all the fender turds that I'm destroying with the EVO skid plate. Going any lower, with all the snow we've had lately, and I might just have to charge the State for snow plowing.

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI
All stock springs. And they sat at OE height when we were done. They did not sag down at all. On 2 cars the stock shocks were so bad they raised the rear end .5". Front comes up anyway due to new strut mounts.

Lurchalicious

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
do you offer any strut mounts on your site? I am interested in these but need to replace my mounts as well

VailPowder

TDI
Lurchalicious said:
do you offer any strut mounts on your site? I am interested in these but need to replace my mounts as well
We have the upper strut bearings, as well as suspension install kits, with VW LCA Bushings or TT bushings.

jasonTDI

TDI
LCA bushings are a good idea if you are doing struts. You WILL need a press.