2010 Jetta Dash Rattles

ekimsepol

TDI
2010 Jetta
I've got 12,500 miles on my Jetta purchased in Sept of 2010. Seems like every time I get into the car I have a new rattle. I finally posted it on Craigsllist and have someone interested in buying it who want's to see it tonight. The problem is over the weekend of driving it's developed what sounds like muffled popcorn popping coming out of the dash. The other rattles come and go but this sounds consistent. If the person is deaf or I can crank up the stereo while he's driving it they might consider buying it.

Has anyone had any luck with VW dealers fixing dash rattles or am I destined to driving with my stereo blasting?

This car started rattling after about 500 miles and have taken it to two dealers who say the noises are "normal". I like some others have had Japanese cars that have had over 300,000 miles and had fewer noises than a VW with 500 miles. Upon taking possession of the car the left rear window would not go up, the wipers had to be adjusted so they didn't hit the window pillars, etc. I had driven a diesel Jetta in Europe in '85 and put 6,000 miles on it without a complaint. This by far is the worst manufactured car I've ever owned. Even worse than the 3 Fiats. I bet Yugos had fewer problems.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Never really heard much rattling out of any of the dozens of A5 Jettas I have driven, and some of these cars have 300k+ miles on them.

The center stack trim comes out easy enough, maybe it is in that area?

tcp_ip_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
No problems here on my '10 Jetta with 25K on it. Had a minor harmonic vibration (@1650 rpm) coming from the driver side sun visor, took me a while to isolate, but some carefully placed cloth tape fixed it right up.

Last edited: