Instrument cluster wiring diagram

credditt

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
I'd like replace my instrument cluster in my Jetta TDI with an MK6 Golf TDI cluster to get the full MFI. Here's what I know so far (based on web research).

1. Despite the difference in physical appearance, the Golf cluster will fit in the dash opening and the mounting screws will mount up.
2. The connector plug is the same.
3. The pinout on the MK6 Jetta cluster and MK6 Golf cluster is different. While the Golf cluster will physically mount up and plug in, it won't function at all.

I believe that an adapter harness could be constructed to plug between the MK6 Jetta instrument cluster wire harness and the Golf instrument cluster that could "convert" the pinout.

Does anyone have, or know where I can find, the MK6 Jetta or Golf instrument cluster wiring diagrams?

(Cross posted in MK6 Golf and MK6 Jetta forums)

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
So the Jetta's cluster number is 5C6 920 850C, Golf is 5K0 920 870E, this is both for the TDI models in KM's not Miles.

I would like to know what the part number is for Jetta TDI the Euro Cluster also Mexican cluster as well. We might find a plug and play cluster.

credditt

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
I would like to know what the part number is for Jetta TDI the Euro Cluster also Mexican cluster as well. We might find a plug and play cluster.
I considered a Euro or Mexican cluster, but I want MPH, not KPH. Honestly though, I'd consider KPH just to get the full MFI. I absolutely hate the small screen MFI in my Jetta.