Timing mark on Flywheel

HwyChild

TDI
2000 Jetta
I'm replacing the stock clutch with a VR6 Sachs.

I haven't found a timing mark on either flywheel. Can someone post a picture of what I'm looking for?

Thanks

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
the eurospec flywheel that I put in a customer's car last week had no mark either.. Your OEM flywheel absolutely has a mark.. I have one at the shop I can take a picture of where the mark is and post it.. I think Jsrmonster did a good job of addressing the issue.. I found out mine had no mark 3 years after I installed it.. Real fun when you're putting the timing belt back on and there's no flywheel mark..

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
you'll see that the mark should go 3 teeth ccw from the anchor pin
Almost...

The anchor pin is located between 2 teeth on most of the eurosport flywheels, so it's really 2.5 teeth.. That's how mine was along with 2 other recent ones I ran into

TDI-TT

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Getta TDI
so would it be safe to adjust the timing belt to the stock flywheel mark even though one might have a unmarked aftermarket flywheel installed?

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
TDI-TT said:
so would it be safe to adjust the timing belt to the stock flywheel mark even though one might have a unmarked aftermarket flywheel installed?
__. The stock flywheel is gone if an unmarked aftermarket flywheel is installed. That's the basic issue here.