Brazilian bell housing for bus TA

Fiat500Baja

TDI
None yet
Is there anyone here that has used the Brazilian bell housing in a vanagon or any other application?...I know there was a company that offered a whole conversion kit at one point.
Thanks

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI

Zeitgeist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Variant and Vanagon mTDI
I think for use in the T3 those will also require that bosses for the hydraulic clutch slave bracket be welded onto the housing. That's an awesome price, though.

Fiat500Baja

TDI
None yet
have not used it but from what i understand it requires a longer input shaft, both available from weddle for under $300

https://weddleindustries.com/products/1000287/1000915
Weddleindustries does not sell the longer input shaft needed, nor do they make it. ..I had to source mine from German transaxles in Oregon. ..I'm only 400 invested in my conversion so far...I was just hoping that someone here had any experience with the water cooled inline bell housing...I still need to make a starter adapter and machine a bushing to accept a VW needle bearing input shaft bushing. ...before I remove the jetta trans from the tdi, I'll get lots of measurements so when I do bolt on my 5 rib I can measure the difference on distance from the ring gear face to the starter mounting surface and then make up the starter adapter. ..it's only a couple of holes, right? ...should be a piece of cake .

Fiat500Baja

TDI
None yet
Sorry but the input shaft did not have a part number on it. ..German transaxles are getting bus transaxles from Brazil for parts. ..if your interested in this conversion then check out http://eurospecsport.com/products/Vanagon/Vanagon Page.html...they have a complete package deal. ...I didn't even find these guys until AFTER I bought my housing from Weddleindustries. ...Here's the difference, the kit from eurospec still utilizes the factory tdi input shaft, where my conversion still uses a type 2 input shaft but it is 2.5 inches longer.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Sorry but the input shaft did not have a part number on it. ..German transaxles are getting bus transaxles from Brazil for parts. ..if your interested in this conversion then check out http://eurospecsport.com/products/Vanagon/Vanagon Page.html...they have a complete package deal. ...I didn't even find these guys until AFTER I bought my housing from Weddleindustries. ...Here's the difference, the kit from eurospec still utilizes the factory tdi input shaft, where my conversion still uses a type 2 input shaft but it is 2.5 inches longer.
i wonder how they're making up the difference with the shorter input shaft ?