Post 7/1/16 buyer being offered reduced restitution

NamesLucky

TDI
14 TDI Jetta
It seems my restitution valves have been fixed, meaning they now match the online calculators. Anyone else experiencing this?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Hey guys, so is it pretty much confirmed if you buy a 2.0 today, you will get full restitution no matter what?

What if someone sold it pre 07/16 and filed a claim and got 25% restitution. Now 2nd owner is selling it today. Will I, 3rd owner, get 75% or 100% restitution because 1st owner had a valid claim?

Thanks!

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
If you buy a 2.0 liter car today and it is deemed an eligible vehicle, you will get 100% restitution. That is, UNLESS VW has changed something recently (the topic of this thread). But up until this thread was created, virtually all people buying a car after June 2016 were getting 100% restitution. I say virtually because there was maybe one or two oddball exceptions reported on this forum.

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
Update, mine has been corrected as well in the estimate, without me having to manually update anything.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
What if someone sold it pre 07/16 and filed a claim and got 25% restitution.
Nobody got 25% restitution. Eligible Sellers who filed a timely and complete claim received 50% restitution. Buyers after 6/28/16 receive 100% restitution.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Nobody got 25% restitution. Eligible Sellers who filed a timely and complete claim received 50% restitution. Buyers after 6/28/16 receive 100% restitution.
Even if someone already got 50% as eligible first owner?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Even if someone already got 50% as eligible first owner?
As far as we can tell. A handful of people have reported receiving 78% restitution (for no reason we've been able to determine), but nobody yet has reported receiving 50%. And with as many post-6/28/16 purchases as are represented here, you'd think it would have come up by now if it was going to.

There's also the fact that there's simply no authority in any of the settlement documents for adjusting an owner's restitution based on whether a former owner filed a claim.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
As far as we can tell. A handful of people have reported receiving 78% restitution (for no reason we've been able to determine), but nobody yet has reported receiving 50%. And with as many post-6/28/16 purchases as are represented here, you'd think it would have come up by now if it was going to.

There's also the fact that there's simply no authority in any of the settlement documents for adjusting an owner's restitution based on whether a former owner filed a claim.
Got it. Thanks!

zuulmusic

TDI
mkvi
I'm trying to figure out for certain, what affect does the former seller's claim have on the current owner's buyback/restitution, for situations where the current owner purchased it after September 2015?
If the eligible seller missed their deadline, does my buyback go up?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
If you purchased during the specific dates listed earlier in this thread, your initial restitution should have been 50%. The remaining 50% was put into a pool. At the end of the claim period, the money in that pool will be divided among those that received the reduced restitution.

zuulmusic

TDI
mkvi
If you purchased during the specific dates listed earlier in this thread, your initial restitution should have been 50%. The remaining 50% was put into a pool. At the end of the claim period, the money in that pool will be divided among those that received the reduced restitution.
I purchased the car in Nov 2016 and it looks like my restitution is 78% of the column 2 amount. Offer letter dated Feb 1 2018. So whether or not the specific eligible seller I purchased from registered or not, has no effect on my specific restitution amount? (it was really a "pool"?)
Thanks