PD130 power upgrade, price vs. performance (UK)

DaveyRavey

TDI
PD130
Hi, in the new year I'll be starting a PD130 based Seat Arosa conversion for use as a casual track/spare car, I'm not after a mega power, something around 250hp would be ideal however, from what I gather it appears the standard PD130 nozzles are good for 220/230hp and the clutch for whatever torque they make at 200hp, are there reasonably priced nozzles or nozzle upgrades to flow enough for so 270hp so I don't have to max them out at 250hp? Are there any reasonably priced clutch upgrades? I don't mind swapping in a SMF as it'll be a casual track car.

Realistically I'd be looking to spend up to £250 nozzle upgrades and £300 on a clutch upgrade, any more than that and it's not worth doing it and I'd run it at around 200hp

I'm not worried about the front mount, piping and turbo etc. I've got that part sorted.

Thanks guys

numbnuts

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 golf
No, if there are cheap nozzles tell me about it
If you had a 5 speed yes you can get away with the cheap vr6 clutch and flywheel option but if an o2m 6 speed then no it's expensive
One thing I learnt is that tuning a tdi is expensive over a petrol

DaveyRavey

TDI
PD130
Yeah it's an 02m as I want to keep the option open to go 4wd at some point, it's my first TDI engine swap so just getting familiar with it all, looks like I'll set it up for 200hp now and maybe upgrade some parts as I go along ready for the next power jump, cheers though mate :)

MTZ

TDI
AFN
Pd130 with just a tune will make 180-190 hp. Done 3 cars with high hp map, running strong even after one year, not even a blown turbo. It takes a little bit of fidling with turbo control, if it s generic you will blow your turbo. Yes it will smoke, and a straight pipe is needed. But it will pull like a train on your light Arosa.