New here and have a code question: P2100

tyrell

TDI
Hello, everyone! I don't have a TDI but my fiance does so I guess I will soon...

Anyway, her check engine light came on recently so I read the code but I have no idea what to do about it. The code is P2100 but I'm not sure what it means. I found this post which indicates that it is "
Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit/Open." :confused: Does that just mean that a wire has come loose somewhere or what? Can I fix this myself or do I need to take it in. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and do my own maintenance/repairs on my motorcycle, bikes, and truck. I'm very much a DIY'er. Don't know much about diesels or Jettas specifically though I'm willing to learn.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

(if this belongs in a different sub-forum, please feel free to move it)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Texas is a relatively large state. There is a Guru or two there that can help you.

Other than that, did you try to plug in that description to the search? I believe that there have been a few folks that have had problems with that actuator. It is the first thing that the intake hose (see my signature) goes into on the intake manifold.

tyrell

TDI
I'm in Pflugerville (Austin area). Any locals around here? :)

Unfortunately she's gone to Houston for the weekend so I'll have to give that hose a look when she gets back on Sunday. Thanks for the lead!

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
You could try posting in the southwest section. I'm not sure if Robbie is still working on TDIs but if not he can direct you to where you can go.

tyrell

TDI
OK - I finally had a chance to check her intake hose out and sure enough - it's loose. :p Whitedog, it looks like I'll need one of your brackets to keep this from happening again and I figure I should replace the o-ring while I'm at it. What's the o-ring PN and where can I get one?

tyrell

TDI
whitedog, I don't have a Google checkout acct but I do have PayPal, how can pay you and get your bracket/kit?

wczorn

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gl TDI 5 SPD
yes, but Whitedog is signed off right now. Try sending him a PM or an email message. Expect a reply some time tomorrow. :)

wczorn

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gl TDI 5 SPD
whitedog said:
You could try posting in the southwest section. I'm not sure if Robbie is still working on TDIs but if not he can direct you to where you can go.
As far as I know Robbie is still around and going strong in Austin. He's been very popular with the area TDI members and he's listed
as a Trusted TDI Mechanic. Here's Robbie's info:

Runonbeer
http://www.runonbeer.com/
Austin, TX

wczorn

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gl TDI 5 SPD
Tyrell, if you're looking for TDI club members close to you, there's David in Round Rock.
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

tyrell

TDI
Thanks for the help, wczorn! Oddly enough, my fiance (she owns the TDI) is from Sugar Land!

tyrell

TDI
OK, I got the bracket kit and installed it. The code went away for a short time but now it's back. It's not on all the time though...sometimes we'll start up the car and the check engine light is on, and sometimes it's not. Weird...

I'm fearing that it's a loose electrical conenction somewhere between the gas pedal and the servo for the intake. The 2004 Jetta TDI is a drive-by-wire car, right? Any idea about the routing or how to get to the connections?