• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

2014 Jetta TDI ECU with Immo-Delete and Tune

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hello,

I have an ECU from a 2014 Jetta TDI that I pulled from a junkyard car. I had the immobilizer deleted by Malone and tuned to Stage 2 with DPF retention. I did this so I could return my factory ECU to the car for warranty work, if required.

My TDI was turned in with the stock ECU and I kept the modified ECU. It should work on any 2014 Jetta TDI that has not had the fix... not sure about earlier model years such as 2011-2013. I'm told it can be flashed to tune a "fixed" TDI, but has to be flashed to the stock "fix" file first. Talk to your tuner for details.

I'm not selling a Malone tune; don't expect Malone to treat you as a paying customer. Instead, I'm selling a "de-immobilized" ECU that should give you a foundation to start your build and enable you to swap between ECUs, if you plan appropriately.

Here is the label with part numbers:

I'm happy to meet in this area if you'd like to test it in your car before committing to the purchase:

Asking $200 plus shipping.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Malone stage 2 is a nice tune. The part no. will help folks determine if it will fit their car.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Good point. I dug up the ECU and added its label to the top post. Thanks for looking!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Still available. Are people still tuning "unfixed" TDIs these days? Or did everyone "fix" their cars?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Still available. Are people still tuning "unfixed" TDIs these days? Or did everyone "fix" their cars?

bmechanic.92

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG, 2003 Jetta TDI Auto, 2002 Golf TDI 5 speed, 2001 Jetta TDI 5 speed
So you wrote DPF retention as in the tune doesn't remove the dpf from the coding in the ecu, so this wont work for mine if I want to delete my dpf?

I am planning to go stage 3 but haven't got the turbo, currently just the DPF delete and downpipe so I though it would be nice to get this rather than have to buy a stage 2 tune and then a stage 3 when I can do the turbo upgrade, but it wont work that way if i am understanding the post correctly?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry to have overlooked this for so long. I no longer visit frequently and I didn't realize that my old e-mail address was still on my profile.

Yes, the tune is a Stage 2 tune for a car that still has its DPF. That said, you can flash it to whatever you want. I priced the ECU as an "Immo-delete spare ECU," with no support from Malone implied.

It will immediately work on an "unfixed" car (if your ECU P/N is the same), can be reflashed for DPF delete ("unfixed"), or (I think) can be reflashed to a "fixed" tune. If I recall what Malone explained, the ECU has to be flashed to a "fixed" stock tune first, then flashed to a "fixed" performance tune, if that what the owner wants.

deft

TDI
14 jsw
I have a 14 jsw that’s been fixed. I’m interested in getting into tuning and still have all of the dpf/egr. On its face, this seems like a perfect deal for me with the exception of the pre/post fix condition. Who explained to you that it could be flashed to post fix cars? Malone themselves?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Hello,

I have a 14 jsw that’s been fixed. I’m interested in getting into tuning and still have all of the dpf/egr. On its face, this seems like a perfect deal for me with the exception of the pre/post fix condition. Who explained to you that it could be flashed to post fix cars? Malone themselves?
Malone themselves explained. I do not recall who it was since the discussion happened over two years ago. It may have been Owain, but I honestly do not recall. I know it was not Malone himself, but I will still use "Malone" as a generic term for someone at the company.

In short, this ECU is plug and play for a Jetta that has not been fixed, assuming the P/N matches. Malone explained that for this ECU to be used on a "fixed" car, it has to be flashed to a "fixed" factory program and then flashed again to the new tune that works with a "fixed" car. That's about the best I can do to explain it. All I know is it worked fine in my 2014 and would have worked in any 2014 at the time due to the Immo delete. Post-scandal, I honestly couldn't tell you the ins and outs. But I'm sure Malone could explain. My attraction to this separate ECU, at the time, was in case of emissions testing and dealer visits. I could run this ECU every day, but then put the stock ECU back in the car for dealer visits or emissions testing. My car was quickly out of warranty and I didn't see emissions testing for diesels in my area while I was paying attention. So it's an overkill idea.

Again, I'm not selling a Malone Tune. So that's not the support you should be requesting of them. Tell them you'd like to tune a factory ECU that was Immo-deleted prior to 2015 (the scandal) and ask what is required to make it work with your "fixed" TDI.

Where is the ecu? Is it just a plug and play swap? Who’s the Malone rep on this board? Owain?
The ECU is beside the battery.

Thanks for your interest,

Scott

deft

TDI
14 jsw
What am I checking for on my ecu when I pull it so as to compare to yours? Which actual number is the part number? It has the same "03L 906 019" but the last two letters are different. The entire line of numbers/letters between there and the barcode are exact same.

Edit: I’ll just add the pic

Last edited: