Stage one or Stage two Malone Tune?

jnaddeo

TDI
2010 Cup Edition
I would like to chip my car but I still want the mpg's, longevity, and don't want to fail any emissions test. I'm hopefully getting a p3 gauge soon so i will be able to monitor egt in case a stage two runs hot.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again,

JJ

Jet A

TDI
2009 Jetta
I would like to chip my car but I still want the mpg's, longevity, and don't want to fail any emissions test.

JJ
I would recommend a Stage 1.

You won't fail with stage 2, but you are not getting the most out of it without the recommended modifications.

my .02 cents :)

Justin'sTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I am running a stage 2 tune right now, at WOT in 3rd and 4th gear I get a bit of smoke, but haven't experienced any problems yet. Also not running any other significant mods. I still get the same, if not better fuel milage.

Last edited:

2footbraker

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, 01 Golf
I am running a stage 2 tune right now, at WOT in 3rd and 4th gear I get a bit of smoke, but haven't experienced any problems yet. Also not running any other significant mods. I still get the same, if not better fuel milage.
OP has a CR. PD stage 2 and CR stage 2 are not equivalent, mainly due to stock emissions of the CR limiting anything above stage 1 tunes.

azthegame

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4dr Golf TDI w/DSG
I would recommend a Stage 1.

You won't fail with stage 2, but you are not getting the most out of it without the recommended modifications.

my .02 cents :)
Question. Do you drive the piss out your tdi at the track regularly? Your fuelly is pretty horrid for a DPF deleted Tdi which is why I am asking. I heard with the dpf delete, you should easily get 44-46mpg without trying.

1dieselsteve

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Jetta
Question. Do you drive the piss out your tdi at the track regularly? Your fuelly is pretty horrid for a DPF deleted Tdi which is why I am asking. I heard with the dpf delete, you should easily get 44-46mpg without trying.

I'm sure it depends on the weather too.... On the way to see Kevin I was getting 35mpg at 23 F. and on the way back I achieved 40 mpg at 13 F.