Timing belt fun in Ohio?

ITTDidude

TDI
04 Jetta sedan
Hello Fellow TDi folks..

I recently purchased a lightly used MK4 Jetta TDi Sedan(2004). It currently has 298k on the clock, and it is due for the timing belt maint. I live in Ohio near Columbus, and was wondering if there were folks in this area who were familiar with the timing belt job for this one and I would like to replace the seals too as they are now weeping or slightly more than weeping.

So my question is: Are there any folks in this area that are willing to do the timing belt maint including the seals for a reasonable price, I can do the wrenching but it sounds like I will need to purchase some additional tools for the job.. And it sounds like I should consider connecting the car to a VAGCOM once the job is completed to confirm the timing is solid..(Which I do not currently have, and also an additional cost.)

My experience is only on Gas cars to this point, and I have a decent amount of it too, approx 35 yrs worth..

Please let me know if anyone is interested, or can connect me to someone who is, and I apologize if this is not the correct method for asking for this type of help, new to the forum/Club..

thanks in advance for any info regarding this request..:D

Dean

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Actually, to have the best chance of connecting with someone local I would put this in the local forum closest to you

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I'm in Miamisburg. I'd help you out but I have a geothermal project to include a pond :)
I have VAGCOM if you need to borrow it.

ITTDidude

TDI
04 Jetta sedan
Thanks prsa,

That's good advice now that I am looking over the site, I have found that location, I appreciate pointing me there.. Cheers. :)

Copy and paste here I come!!

narong,

I appreciate the offer, i may look you up, I am considering taking it on myself, let you know if that happens.