HELP - busted oil pan !!! (Toronto)

cRaZyRaVr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG - Silver and 2012 Jetta 6mt Grey
Driving to work this morning some sort of pipe fell of a pickup in front of me and I drove over it.. it struck the oil pan and there is a leak... Lucky it was 2 minutes from my office parking so I managed to pull in before the light went on.... but I see oil dripping on the ground..

anywho... Whats the best thing for me to do now ? Tow it to the dealer ? Tow it home get a new oil pan and put it on by myself ? I have the whole day now to decide and just need to know what the best solution.

Damn... im sooooo pissed off now it not funny....

thanx for anyones help...

cage

Top Post Dawg
I know special tools are required to remove it yourself so consider that. Nothing exotic but there are some of the bolts that are inset really deeply and a normal bit won't reach them. I am sure someone will tell you what is needed.

cRaZyRaVr

Veteran Member
TDI
I guess I will just get it towed to the dealer as I need the car for work and maybe they can get it done by sometime today... [censored]... next thing im doing is getting a steele shield which i was going to get in the next couple weekend anyways... what a luck.

tsterkel

Veteran Member
Before you put on the steel plate, I would recommend accelerating any near/intermediate term under car maintenance. I have the AL version, and these things are not easy to take down and put up by a single person. And no, I will not throw away my skid plate.

cRaZyRaVr

Veteran Member
TDI
So the car will be done today... 450$CDN for the parts and labour... and I am ordering a steele cover 2morrow...

funny this is I asked about that the parts guy and he told me there is no such thing.. just the plastic ones.. that was a good one.