www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old May 25th, 2018, 16:28   #1756
GolfTDISA

Default here is the new report may 25

https://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl/claims-reports

Page 40 is very interesting

Last edited by GolfTDISA; May 25th, 2018 at 16:49.
GolfTDISA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 17:47   #1757
jhuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneloo View Post
Same here... submitted the notarized offer on 5/9 and still waiting for their review

Same deal...notarized offer submitted on 5/9 and still waiting...
jhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 19:30   #1758
lvrpl

TDI(s): Passat TDI

I've got a couple of salvage claims (that were converted to rebuilt titles last summer) that I still haven't heard anything back on.

Are there many/any others here that are still waiting to hear from VW on salvage title claims? Just wondering because the latest report makes it sound like they've gotten through all of the straight-forward salvage title claims, and I would have thought my remaining salvage claims are pretty straight forward.
lvrpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:36   #1759
CosticaVisinel

Well, it looks like they kept the word on increasing the amount by $300. Got value of the car. I opted for EFT, the payment email came in 3 business days.
CosticaVisinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:40   #1760
E2Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuber View Post
Same deal...notarized offer submitted on 5/9 and still waiting...
Same here - has been 12 business days after notarized offer submitted - still waiting
E2Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29   #1761
jeffcapp99
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2Tdi View Post
Same here - has been 12 business days after notarized offer submitted - still waiting
Same here. Notarized letter submitted. Past the 10 business days. I still see that annoying eyeball. It seems VW slammed on the brakes on accepting their letters. Any ideas why?
jeffcapp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:15   #1762
jhuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcapp99 View Post
Same here. Notarized letter submitted. Past the 10 business days. I still see that annoying eyeball. It seems VW slammed on the brakes on accepting their letters. Any ideas why?

Just speculation...it seems that VW sent out a bunch of offers around 5/9, and they may have a backlog of accepted offers to work through now. Or, a darker take would be that they sent out a bunch of offers to satisfy some court requirement, and are just going to sit on them now until some other requirement makes them pay.

Last edited by jhuber; Today at 05:51.
jhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:42   #1763
ramses333

Hello I am new to this TDI forum. I saw this thread so I didn't want to start a new one for my question.

I purchased my first TDI last year (April 2017) (after 3 VW gassers) for my new long commute job. I purchased this from an insurance auction. Car was in a small rear accident but was running fine so I picked it up knowing it will not be eligible for the buyback.

But I wanted to get the fix done as I plan on driving this car for the long term or at least until the wheels fall off. So I went on the claims portal and and tried to file a claim recently and was greeted with an error and advised to call ricepoint.

I was told by ricepoint that:

1. the reason for the error was that there is an existing claim associated with my Car's VIN (i assume from the previous owner).
2. I am not eligible for any claims (not even the fix) because I purchased the car from a junk yard.

Has any one experienced the same? I doubt the ricepoint rep was correct as I was under the impression every eligible vehicle had to either be offered the buyback or at least the fix for those who do not qualify for the buyback.

If anyone can give me some information or help on who to call to confirm what ricepoint said is indeed true, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray
ramses333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:46   #1764
Jkhalil123

TDI(s): jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses333 View Post
Hello I am new to this TDI forum. I saw this thread so I didn't want to start a new one for my question.

I purchased my first TDI last year (April 2017) (after 3 VW gassers) for my new long commute job. I purchased this from an insurance auction. Car was in a small rear accident but was running fine so I picked it up knowing it will not be eligible for the buyback.

But I wanted to get the fix done as I plan on driving this car for the long term or at least until the wheels fall off. So I went on the claims portal and and tried to file a claim recently and was greeted with an error and advised to call ricepoint.

I was told by ricepoint that:

1. the reason for the error was that there is an existing claim associated with my Car's VIN (i assume from the previous owner).
2. I am not eligible for any claims (not even the fix) because I purchased the car from a junk yard.

Has any one experienced the same? I doubt the ricepoint rep was correct as I was under the impression every eligible vehicle had to either be offered the buyback or at least the fix for those who do not qualify for the buyback.

If anyone can give me some information or help on who to call to confirm what ricepoint said is indeed true, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

does the car have a rebuilt title now?
Jkhalil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:48   #1765
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

The Canadian settlement differs from the US settlement with respect to the treatment of salvage/rebuilt titles. I'm pretty sure you are out of luck. You can have the fix applied, but there will be no compensation for it and no extended warranty. Personally, I wouldn't bother in that situation.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:50   #1766
ramses333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkhalil123 View Post
does the car have a rebuilt title now?
car never had a salvage title. It had a clean title but marked unfit due to the damaged bumper/tailight. All I had to do is replace, tailight/bumper, get it insured and registered and back on the road. There was no need for an inspection to get the "rebuilt" title.
Old Yesterday, 20:50   #1767
ramses333

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
The Canadian settlement differs from the US settlement with respect to the treatment of salvage/rebuilt titles. I'm pretty sure you are out of luck. You can have the fix applied, but there will be no compensation for it and no extended warranty. Personally, I wouldn't bother in that situation.
thank you for the feedback! in that case I will just keep driving it!