Rear Passenger Hard Brake Line Replacement?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Sounds like a real mess. WD-40 if just light oil, try PB Blaster or better. Caliper can be evaluated off car, mounting bits also critical. Car repair and maintenance are expensive, still better than car payments or walking.

erasedhammer

TDI
1996 Passat
Sounds like a real mess. WD-40 if just light oil, try PB Blaster or better. Caliper can be evaluated off car, mounting bits also critical. Car repair and maintenance are expensive, still better than car payments or walking.
I've had my fair share of money holes. This thing is old enough and has enough miles that I could easily sink 10k into it to make it fully functional.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I've had my fair share of money holes. This thing is old enough and has enough miles that I could easily sink 10k into it to make it fully functional.
either you have no concept of the value of money and parts, or your car is so far rotten into the ground that it lives in a casket!!!

most run down rusted out and completely blown out and undriveable cars will only take about 3k to get back on the road in good working order. If the car is operational for the most part, a few grand will go a long way. that's if you do it yourself.
If you seriously have to put 10 grand into it to make it be safe and operational and reliable to go down the road, then you need to scrap that POS NOW.

i drove my mk3 jetta to the ground and back. it is being parted out for a new project but in its current shape, i could put $1200 into it and have a killer ride again. fun thing is ive already parted out a small bit of it and have pulled in $2,200!!!!! granted i had 8K into the entire car at its peak.

you have to ask yourself, what can you buy with 2 grand? well basically a used TDI of that year lol.

erasedhammer

TDI
1996 Passat
either you have no concept of the value of money and parts, or your car is so far rotten into the ground that it lives in a casket!!!
most run down rusted out and completely blown out and undriveable cars will only take about 3k to get back on the road in good working order. If the car is operational for the most part, a few grand will go a long way. that's if you do it yourself.
If you seriously have to put 10 grand into it to make it be safe and operational and reliable to go down the road, then you need to scrap that POS NOW.
i drove my mk3 jetta to the ground and back. it is being parted out for a new project but in its current shape, i could put $1200 into it and have a killer ride again. fun thing is ive already parted out a small bit of it and have pulled in $2,200!!!!! granted i had 8K into the entire car at its peak.
you have to ask yourself, what can you buy with 2 grand? well basically a used TDI of that year lol.
New to the vw crowd, so that was probably a misjudgement.
I also have a 34 year old Chevy truck that was abused by the military and it looks brand new compared to my Passat.