What did you do to your MK7 today?

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG
any appreciable change in tone or volume with the muffler delete? Any drone?
It's a little louder at take off (which is what I wanted) and has slightly more sound through the power band (also what I wanted).

But it's very livable...no drone that I can detect.

Russ

D15SEL

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL 6M, '13 Beetle 'vert 6M
These deep mats are tons better than the "monster" mats and such.......
Only small issue is sand does get between mat and dead pedal......and that's only after removing gallons of this winters snow/slush/water.

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG
These deep mats are tons better than the "monster" mats and such.......
Only small issue is sand does get between mat and dead pedal......and that's only after removing gallons of this winters snow/slush/water.
The WeatherTech mats are awesome. I had them in my Wrangler and Sierra. The fit is always spot on :)

Russ

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI S, 6 spd man; 2017 Jetta SE TSI, 5 spd man
Installed LEDs for license plate lights. Tomorrow will do all the interior lights to LED.

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
I purchased this kit for the inside...looks great, fits perfect, and are good quality. Install was a breeze and shipping was super quick.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181515465799?item=181515465799&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I purchased the non resistor license plate bulbs from deautokey, cost way too much money, I'd look for one off eBay for cheap and code it with VCDS. End result for all lights are some sharp nice white looking lights! If anyone runs into issues coding out LED errors on the license plate bulbs, I ended up having to select "40- allgemeine LED" instead of 41 or 43. US Spec 15' Golf TDI S model... No errors or DTC stored.
Ben

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
Changed the oil change countdown indicator to 5,000 miles and 250 days...

Q400Pylot

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
Where'd you order the new head lights from? There's a guy on the MK7 forum who has real nice replicas.

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
^very nice! If/when I ever swap my headlights Ill look for these, but for now, I'm liking stock

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Just wish VCDS was translated. It would be much easier to figure out if there is in fact a better way.
There are a couple of hacks I have used for this:
1. download the Adaptation Map to CSV, then open in Google Sheets. You can use a function =googletranslate(cell, "de", "en") to translate from German to English

2. use the Google Translate app on your smartphone -- there's a camera function that you can point at your screen and it will replace the german text with english text. Just make sure you pick the languages correctly before opening the camera -- I forgot to and was wondering why I wasn't getting many translations. Turns out VCDS german is NOTHING like french.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Disabled high beams as drls and enabled fogs as drls. Now if a del burns out I won't have to change a high beam bulb but a fog light bulb which is much easier.

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
Washed and waxed it... Sat in the driveway and watched Aladdin on the infotainment display with my daughter. Found an MDI to RCA cable from the Audi that works perfect with the iPhone. Can post pics/videos if anyone is interested. VIM is a whole other issue we won't get into...Hence why we sat in the driveway :)

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG
Since their website is crap, please post results!!!
First and foremost, no CELs or errors! Always a plus :D

Power increase is noticeable throughout the RPM range...it's more evident when you use the paddles or sport shifting mode on the DSG. Haven't really noticed an MPG change yet (I only took it for a 6-mile test jaunt this evening).

I'll see what it does to my mileage in the ensuing weeks.

Install is a breeze...all you need is a 10 mm socket and a small flat head screwdriver :) Install time is about 10-15 minutes.

Russ

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
First and foremost, no CELs or errors! Always a plus :D
Power increase is noticeable throughout the RPM range...it's more evident when you use the paddles or sport shifting mode on the DSG. Haven't really noticed an MPG change yet (I only took it for a 6-mile test jaunt this evening).
I'll see what it does to my mileage in the ensuing weeks.
Install is a breeze...all you need is a 10 mm socket and a small flat head screwdriver :) Install time is about 10-15 minutes.
Russ
Very intriguing...I can't find much information on the forums about this product, except one thread where people basically just say to get a "real" tune.

This does seem a lot easier, so i'd be very interested to hear your continuing results. Is anyone else familiar with this product?

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG
Very intriguing...I can't find much information on the forums about this product, except one thread where people basically just say to get a "real" tune.
This does seem a lot easier, so i'd be very interested to hear your continuing results. Is anyone else familiar with this product?
Andy:

I considered getting a Revo-Technik tune, but I didn't hear promising feedback about them :( Malone would have been great, but I don't have a vendor close by that offers them.

I'll keep updating with results and everyday driveability impressions.

Russ

D15SEL

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL 6M, '13 Beetle 'vert 6M
I don't believe Malone has a tune for our TDI's as of yet....
For what it's worth I had an email exchange with these folks with tons of questions... very responsive and helpful. He even mentioned to me that "Malone drove with him in a TDI with this module and "was very impressed"......"
I asked why there was not more positive threads about Diesel Power and the other European companies with new types of modules. He told me that they'd spend too much time rebutting the nay-sayers (chip tune only crowd) and those who are comparing their product with the Ebay specials.

There are a lot of owners who are anxiously awaiting your upcoming reviews!

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG
I don't believe Malone has a tune for our TDI's as of yet....
For what it's worth I had an email exchange with these folks with tons of questions... very responsive and helpful. He even mentioned to me that "Malone drove with him in a TDI with this module and "was very impressed"......"
I asked why there was not more positive threads about Diesel Power and the other European companies with new types of modules. He told me that they'd spend too much time rebutting the nay-sayers (chip tune only crowd) and those who are comparing their product with the Ebay specials.

There are a lot of owners who are anxiously awaiting your upcoming reviews!
Agreed. Joe Hafner (dieseltuning.ca owner) has been a HUGE help in regards to all my questions and concerns about the module. He was available via phone/text with any questions/concerns I had about the module. GREAT customer service all the way around! :)

I've had a couple more days with the module, and it seems to be "settled in" with the ECU and engine communication. Still no CELs or errors.

The module is at its best with "spirited" driving. If you're operating your Mark VII in standard automatic mode and not really dropping the hammer, it still feels pretty benign. Switch to the paddles or even the Sport/TipTronic shifting mode on the DSG, and this bad daddy "wakes up" :D

My daily commute is pretty tame (25 miles one way on mostly flat interstate), but I've been working this thing on the surface streets when I can! Throttle response is superb when you decide to actuate the gears on your own...I'm lighting up the ESC light (traction control) in first, second, and occasionally third gear.

Mileage has gone down a little for me (I expected that with the spirited driving), but I'm still at close to 40 MPG...good enough for me, considering I came from a Ram 2500 with the 6.7L Cummins that would give me 20 MPG on a good day!

Let me know if anyone else has any specific questions on this thing. As far as I'm concerned...a great buy and VERY easy to return your car back to stock, if need be!

Russ

Last edited:

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
Finished installing the Golf silver plates in the door trims, placed clear protector tape on painted surface (can't even see it) for all doors, and installed the rubber bumper protector on the rear bumper. Total cost for everything was under $100 and about 30 minutes worth of work for everything! I'm happy with it!