Apple Car Play

DGweez

TDI
Passat TDi SEL
I'm interested in this myself as I have a Kenwood double din i'd like to install but i'm afraid I may lose the sub (assuming I have one). This happened in my Ridgeline.

abaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta Trendline+
I recently installed a KENWOOD double din radio with wireless CarPlay in my 2015 Jetta.

The procedure was mostly painless, though that is a lot of wires to install behind the deck.

Some good sources of information (and parts)
Crutchfield - they have a system that will tel you what you need and what you retain.
Enfig - Christian is the MAN. He helped me figure out all the various small parts I needed, and proved tech support on some of the install. His dash kit is so much nicer to use that those snap together plastic ones and it looks good to.
FiveStar Car Audio their YouTube videos are great and, if your in Florida, I’d say have your install done by them.

I put a KENWOOD DDR996XR, with a Maestro RR interface to the car. I bought the interface from Enfig pre-configured for VW which meant I didn’t have to sort out any wires. I also bought the microphone from Enfig so I could just replace the factory mic.

All in all I’m very happy, my only problem is the rear view camera adapter I bought from China sucks. I need to replace it but I’m not feeling inspired to take everything apart again.