How to remove driver's side door panel

CONCHOJACK

TDI
JETTA (2002 & 2006)
The driver's side mirror locked up. The problem is likely the mirror switch loocated in the driver's door panel. How do I remove the door panel in a 2006 Jetta. Does it slide up to free it from the door frame? I see two screws, one at the panel bottom and the other near the top hinge. My wife threatens bodily harm if I screw up the panel.

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
CONCHOJACK said:
The driver's side mirror locked up. The problem is likely the mirror switch loocated in the driver's door panel. How do I remove the door panel in a 2006 Jetta. Does it slide up to free it from the door frame? I see two screws, one at the panel bottom and the other near the top hinge. My wife threatens bodily harm if I screw up the panel.
2006 isn't the car still under qwarranty?

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
There are two screws hidden inside the pull handle and another 'secret screw right near the mirror. 3 or 4 at the bottom of the door. 2 more in the pocket of the armrest. Everything else is fairly obvious. The panel lifts up and out of the window channel.

But since you've not done this before, be prepared to receive some knuckle bumps...