Seat swap wiring help

dyep8ball03

TDI
2002 Jetta, 2012 Q7 Prestige S-line
I am attempting to put in seats from an early MKIV (99 or 00) into my 02. I have seen posts where people have made adapters to go the other way, but nothing to go this way. If anyone has diagrams or part numbers so that I could make my own adapters, I would appreciate it!

Prairie Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta, 04 Jetta
You should be OK to clip the airbag connectors off the seats and splice the existing connectors into the new (old) seats. I did that putting 03 seats in my 01... should work the same going backwards. the seatbelt indicator should be the same.

dyep8ball03

TDI
2002 Jetta, 2012 Q7 Prestige S-line
The belt indicator is different, but i can swap those easy enough. I would like to create a harness to avoid cutting mine off the factory seats to swap to these. But if I were to do so, do wire colors line up the same or are there some differences?

Prairie Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta, 04 Jetta
I remember the wire colors from the seat not matching up with the colors from the floor, and they might have even been different seat to seat. I think I spliced them up according to which wire they connected to from the floor - everything worked OK.

I didn't sweat removing the connector off the original seat BC they were going back to the salvage yard as a core, and they were in really bad shape anyway.

I've never messed with disassembling harnesses, that is probably a good option. Worst case you could use bullet connectors instead of a butt splice - then if you want to use your old seats again could easily swap them out.