2005 BEW PD lift pump operation and internals

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Ordered a PD lift pump from IDparts for my VNT17/11mm/R520s ALH build and its a Pierburg unit that's tan like the old OEM PD lift pump. Seems like this one you can suck fuel through if it fails as well. I guess we will see how it holds up.

mur3633

TDI
Mk4 PD TDI
I read the whole topic, this is excellent!

My pump is 1J0 919 050 VDO from 2000.
On ignition I got about 50cc, while at 12V, 2 Litres per minute.
Cleaned screen, it was dirty, now getting 2.2 Liters.

Is it bad lift pump?

Also can I take motor from petrol lift pump? Is it same as diesel?
Not whole unit, just motor (electric part)

My Mk4 has long cold start especially when stays for 1-2 days or more, changed 3 tandem pumps, complete head with injectors seats and seals
Yeah, it was faulty lift pump...

Valiosport

TDI
Golf 4 TDI ARL+++
Здравейте, имам Golf 4 TDI PD150, с оригинална lift помпа от VDO 1J0 919 050, която не даваше никакво гориво на филтъра, но колата работеше с много намалена мощност.
Прочетох темата и разбрах за помпата 1J0 919 050 B и си поръчах такава от Pierburg. Вчера инсталирах помпата с нов горивен филтър и вече нямам вибрации при ниски обороти на двигателя и сега колата полудява след 3500 оборота в минута.
Искам да попитам помпата 1J0 919 050 B, която се инсталира, ако има клапан за разтоварване, защото оригиналът има тънък маркуч отстрани?

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
For those who can't read Bulgarian text...

Hello, I have a Golf 4 TDI PD150, with an original lift pump from VDO 1J0 919 050, which did not give any fuel to the filter, but the car was running at very reduced power.
I read the topic and found out about the 1J0 919 050 B pump and ordered one from Pierburg. Yesterday I installed the pump with a new fuel filter and I no longer have vibrations at low engine speeds and now the car goes crazy after 3500 rpm.
I want to ask the pump 1J0 919 050 B, which is installed if there is an unloading valve, because the original has a thin hose on the side?

Valiosport

TDI
Golf 4 TDI ARL+++
Thanks. I use an interpreter and something went wrong.
The pump is brand new to Pierburg. Today I took out the hose in front of the fuel filter to test how much fuel it makes when the ignition is switched on. In one second, the pump produced 35 milliliters of fuel. It seems small to me, but it is possible that the fuel has returned to the fuel line

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
If you just ran it for a second it's probably was just getting going... a more accurate would be to run it for a full minute.

Can't do that using the ignition switch, since it shuts off every 5-10 seconds, so this thread suggests running the pump directly from 12V.

Trailbum

TDI
2004 Jetta
Thanks for posting that video, JETahh!!! I'm pretty confident I can now remove the assembly without breaking the fuel line fittings.
BTW, I searched online for Boraparts and was redirected to Cascade German, who have a replacement VDO unit for $199!! Arrived quickly too!!
Just need to run the fuel level down.... if it ever stops friggen' snowing here!!! :(

mur3633

TDI
Mk4 PD TDI
Another 1J0 919 050 (no suffix) VDO pump, drops 2L per minute on hose just before fuel filter. Cleaned pump internals as much as I could. Is it ok or it must go over 3L per minute?
In the first post it is written for 1J0 919 050 B pump, which is a little bit different...

Can anyone confirm?

tirfor

TDI
Golf Gt Tdi150
Sorry for bringing up an old post but I thought best to ask here as my issue is related.
I have a 2002 Mk4 Golf 150 Tdi ARL. Im getting just under 3 litres of fuel in 1 minute at the fuel pump but only getting 2.1 lpm at the filter input.
My questions are, have I got a blockage or is this normal? Does the fuel cooler sit on the return side or flow side? Will the cooler restrict flow or should the flow rate through it be equal?
Thanks for your help.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I can't see why they would filter the return fuel. There is a screen in the tank anyway.
The fuel cooler may have some restriction but I would think the fuel filter may be clogged.
When was it changed last?