Post-Fix JSW (2013) Very Loud Engine and Rough Ride

loop7

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Anyone else experience a dramatically louder engine and an overall rougher feeling to the car after the emissions fix? According to to a dB meter and identical road conditions, the interior is almost 3 dB louder than before the fix.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Anyone else experiences a dramatically louder engine and an overall rougher feeling to the car after the emissions fix? According to to a dB meter and identical road conditions, the interior is almost 3 dB louder than before the fix.

How does a change in sound equate to a rough ride?
You being a newbie here and driving a CR TDI should hear an ALH or PD engine, your car is probably many decibels less than those and they are the epitome of engines to many of the members here.

Last edited:

Sankar

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI / DSG
Anyone else experience a dramatically louder engine and an overall rougher feeling to the car after the emissions fix? According to to a dB meter and identical road conditions, the interior is almost 3 dB louder than before the fix.
I have a 2009 JSW.
I feel that it sounds a bit louder when cold (though that could be psychological - I haven't actually measured the before and after SPLs).
But it sounds no different (to me at least) once warmed up. No impact on engine smoothness, vibration, etc. either in my case.