Jeep Liberty TDI Conversion

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Reddok what dakota digital box did you use to vampire the ALH crank signal for the Tach? Was it SGI-8E? Im debating weather or not to steal the 4.7 trigger wheel and mount it to the ALH crank pulley for the signal or go the $dakota route.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Hey Im bugging you again on this but just wanted to confirm you used the crank as the signal wire and not pin 27 correct? Also do you know if the ALH crank trigger is a 60-2 wheel? I see thats what is on the 1.8 gassers but I am having trouble finding the info for the ALH.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Hey Im bugging you again on this but just wanted to confirm you used the crank as the signal wire and not pin 27 correct? Also do you know if the ALH crank trigger is a 60-2 wheel? I see thats what is on the 1.8 gassers but I am having trouble finding the info for the ALH.
alh crank trigger is just a four slot

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Reddok how does your jeep output the VSS to pin 20/121 VSS wire to the TDI ECU? Im finally trying to hook up cruise control and I tried using the speed sensor signal going to my dodge ABS unit that comes from ring gear. I thought it would read high but Im getting no reading at all to VCDS.

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta TDI 01M, '02 Jeep Liberty Renegade ALH TDI swap
So I'm pretty sure I just spliced into the wire coming from my jeeps VSS while leaving it connected to the jeep ECU or cluster.