crappy fuel mileage

gottdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 TDI Yellow Beetle GLS
Not at all. The faster you go the less mileage you get and since you checked with only 70 miles I assume you checked via your computer on board. Those are not accurate. Depends on if it was also freeway or both freeway and roads. Stop and Go kills mileage. Heavy metal on the pedal kills mpg's. Plus you don't state if you have a 5 speed or automatic, or DSG. Do full fillups to the exact spot in the filler neck each time and measure the mileage after each tank for a few tanks then see what your true mileage is. Never do that for such a short distance. It won't be accurate. Your car is heavier than the earlier MK4's. :D

hkbladelawhk

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI
using cruise control, dsg, all freeway. using a scangauge II.the thing is, my typical freeway mpg average is 40-50, even at 80...dirty air filter cause this? bad fuel?

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
ouch on the hand brake kida hard on the pads and rotors also

One small stat is pretty meaningless I keep a ten tank average

how many miles on this unit

20k fuel filter - air filter have you adjusted the tire pressure lately. look at the basics and you will probably find it. If there is even a downward trend, as I said one tank or even worse a 70 mile stretch is not very meaningfull.

hkbladelawhk

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI
wjdell said:
ouch on the hand brake kida hard on the pads and rotors also

One small stat is pretty meaningless I keep a ten tank average

how many miles on this unit

20k fuel filter - air filter have you adjusted the tire pressure lately. look at the basics and you will probably find it. If there is even a downward trend, as I said one tank or even worse a 70 mile stretch is not very meaningfull.
13k mileage...tires are fine....probably bad fuel