www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 17th, 2018, 14:44   #6826
lb71

Proceedings against Bosch were certified for class action on July 16.

https://kmlaw.ca/wp-content/uploads/...tification.pdf
lb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 13:07   #6827
wolf1389

TDI(s): none

what if we already did the buyback are we eligble for bosch money if there is a settlement?

also is the phase 2 fix mandatory? i would like to buy a used 2015 passat tdi thats already had phase 1 done and do a full tune on it. i would prefer not to have to do phase 2.
wolf1389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 16:16   #6828
ecode
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk6 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf1389 View Post
what if we already did the buyback are we eligble for bosch money if there is a settlement?
Nobody knows... there isn't a settlement yet. But if its like the USA, Yes.

Quote:
also is the phase 2 fix mandatory? i would like to buy a used 2015 passat tdi thats already had phase 1 done and do a full tune on it. i would prefer not to have to do phase 2.
Why not? The new software was designed to work with the new hardware...

Also, who would sell it now, without getting the second part of the fix and the extra money?
ecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 12:23   #6829
wolf1389

TDI(s): none

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecode View Post
Nobody knows... there isn't a settlement yet. But if its like the USA, Yes.

Why not? The new software was designed to work with the new hardware...

Also, who would sell it now, without getting the second part of the fix and the extra money?
there are dealers selling off cars that were under the buyback program.. now with drive clean emissions test being removed in ontario i want to buy a 2015 passat or tourag and do a full dpf/def/egr delete and tune
wolf1389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2018, 14:17   #6830
ecode
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk6 Wagon

Quote:
there are dealers selling off cars that were under the buyback program.. now with drive clean emissions test being removed in ontario i want to buy a 2015 passat or tourag and do a full dpf/def/egr delete and tune
Those cars would have both parts of the fix done though. If you had a 2015 with only one part done - might as well get the extra part done, and the money, and then tune it.

Assuming the tuning shops can work with a car with the fix. I would imagine that's not a huge problem though.
ecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 05:02   #6831
xpert

Hello,

I called to schedule my Phase 2 appointment and the dealer said there is a hold on the phase 2 from VW and they will get back to me once the hold is removed. I spoke with several people. Eventually someone said that there could be something not going well with the fix and VW is looking into it. Anybody knows anything about this?
xpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 13:45   #6832
Nuje
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1200km/tank (Mk4); 750km/tank (Mk7)

When the dealer here did my phase 2 fix, they boofed (Kavanaugh would suggest I'm using the term correctly, I think) the installation or connection of something and I ended up with a leak at the DEF injector. Had to bring it back in a couple thousand km later with the crystallization around the injector for them to remove and replace.

Whether that's bad work on their part, or bad part(s) from VW's...???

Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 13:55   #6833
The Tortoise
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpert View Post
Hello,

I called to schedule my Phase 2 appointment and the dealer said there is a hold on the phase 2 from VW and they will get back to me once the hold is removed. I spoke with several people. Eventually someone said that there could be something not going well with the fix and VW is looking into it. Anybody knows anything about this?
I booked my Phase 2 appointment yesterday (in two weeks) and nothing was mentioned. '15 GSW.

It could be they don't have the necessary parts in stock.
The Tortoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 09:40   #6834
Loafing
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.2l/100km (54.3mpgImp/45.2mpgUS) avg on 187,000km as of Aug 2015 (light footed)
Default Leaking DEF injector

[QUOTE=Nuje;5446448]When the dealer here did my phase 2 fix, they boofed (Kavanaugh would suggest I'm using the term correctly, I think) the installation or connection of something and I ended up with a leak at the DEF injector. Had to bring it back in a couple thousand km later with the crystallization around the injector for them to remove and replace.

Whether that's bad work on their part, or bad part(s) from VW's...???

Thanks for posting, prompted me to lift the hood after repeated "Error: AdBlue........" warning. Have exactly the same problem. My pic was taken about 1000 km after first warning "Error: AdBlue......" ps Nuje, thanks for the help in getting this on the forum!!!

Last edited by Loafing; October 9th, 2018 at 21:56.
Loafing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:04   #6835
xpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
I booked my Phase 2 appointment yesterday (in two weeks) and nothing was mentioned. '15 GSW.

It could be they don't have the necessary parts in stock.

I just got a call from the dealer to say that one of the parts for the Kit A is back ordered and not available momentarily throughout Canada. I am curious if your appointment is still on. Anybody has had Phase 2 performed on their 2015 TDI performed recently?
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:25   #6836
The Tortoise
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpert View Post
I just got a call from the dealer to say that one of the parts for the Kit A is back ordered and not available momentarily throughout Canada. I am curious if your appointment is still on. Anybody has had Phase 2 performed on their 2015 TDI performed recently?
Mine is going under the knife next Tuesday and I haven't heard anything. When I booked the appointment he did comment that I was lucky it was a Golf because parts for other models are back-ordered.
The Tortoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:31   #6837
xpert

Thanks for the reply. I hope it will go well. Please do keep us posted.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 18:29   #6838
onslaught192

Default wheels/tires

Booked my turn in appointment and the rep from the settlement phone line mentioned all the items to bring with me and she specifically mentioned original MAG rims

What if i don't have them? She said it's in the settlement agreement but i can't find it anywhere.....are they really being this stingy?

mine were damaged over the years from potholes during the winter thaws and i have used steel rims ever since.

What should i do? go to a scrap yard and buy used ones? do i explain this to them when i get my 20 day call back?
onslaught192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2018, 19:58   #6839
GD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslaught192 View Post
Booked my turn in appointment and the rep from the settlement phone line mentioned all the items to bring with me and she specifically mentioned original MAG rims
What if i don't have them? She said it's in the settlement agreement but i can't find it anywhere.....are they really being this stingy?
mine were damaged over the years from potholes during the winter thaws and i have used steel rims ever since.
What should i do? go to a scrap yard and buy used ones? do i explain this to them when i get my 20 day call back?
I would turn it back with the rims and see if it flies. If not go back with some MAG's or try another stealer,
2004 Jetta TDI PD (BEW) Platinum Metallic Grey 340,000 kms SOLD
2000 Jetta TDI ALH Black 398,000 kms, TT LCA Bushings, TB changed at Windex GTG SOLD
GD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2018, 12:06   #6840
zaphod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslaught192 View Post
As others have said in this thread, the settlement agreement makes no mention of the original wheels, so VW/Ricepoint don't have a leg to stand on.

I returned mine on steelies about 6 weeks ago. This triggered an additional 10-15 minute call from the RP agent to the "mother-ship", but after that they took the car as is. I overheard the agent answering a question with "yes that all that's missing". So I guess once they realized that I wasn't a "stripper" they backed off.
zaphod99 is offline   Reply With Quote