No more CRUZE TDI

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
First off, there never was a "TDI". TDI is a VW trademark. It was a Cruze Diesel. Second, GM says it'll bring the Cruze Diesel back in 2017. Nothing in this article says otherwise. The first year of a new platform often has fewer engine options.

Finally, why would they have a hybrid when the Volt is on the same platform?

cody3133

TDI
2014 VW Jetta
From the link you posted, without reading the whole thing just the title. "Cruze Hatchback" nothing about every form of the Cruze.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Here's the first paragraph of the article:

Don’t worry, diesel fans, the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze sedan is still on schedule to receive the 1.6-liter diesel engine from Opel. The “whisper diesel” program hasn’t been skewed by the fallout from Volkswagen’s emission scandal. In fact, Chevrolet plans to capitalize on it.

No Cruze hatch with a diesel, but the sedan is a go.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Here's the first paragraph of the article:

Don’t worry, diesel fans, the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze sedan is still on schedule to receive the 1.6-liter diesel engine from Opel. The “whisper diesel” program hasn’t been skewed by the fallout from Volkswagen’s emission scandal. In fact, Chevrolet plans to capitalize on it.

No Cruze hatch with a diesel, but the sedan is a go.
This is some good diesel car news for a change. It piqued my curiosity some. I might check out a Cruze just to see if the car would be something I might be interested in, IF AND ONLY IF it has the diesel option. A gasser Cruze is totally out of the question.

FLUSTRN would make a great vanity license plate for it. :)

Last edited:

gcodori

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB TDI plus CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.