Matt Whitbread disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
good luck, he ran away with $4 k from me , so hopefully you can recover it, but he is twisted

carbonlupe

TDI
2 01 jetta tdis, 2 01 Jetta tdis, 1 2014 sportwagon
I think something must have happened. I had been buddies with him since 2008. But he seems to have disappeared completely

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I haven't heard about him disappearing. He answered an email from me about a month ago when I was inquiring about 335d mods. I know he's gotten into some pretty serious builds recently on that platform.

But who knows? Life happens.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
I spoke to him. Robert, apparently, there has been some miscommunication. All the stuff is there, ready to ship. Awaiting final payment. Last email to him was 2015. No texts in a about a year. The particulars on your deal with him arent for public consumption....however, I would suggest trying again...as I had no trouble reaching him.

InfoSec

Veteran Member
I text him all the time. I have never had any problems with him. I've given him thousands of dollars in work and he always comes through. But, yes, he is a busy guy, no doubt about it. I know he's working on 335d power kits and such.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Chris last time he spoke to me was approx 1.5 years ago , he wanted more $ up front of what I already gave him,, 1 year prior to that, and the product is not finished, so I am not going to fall in his trap again, he needs to show me that everything is finished and show me a gurantee of shipment before I send him more $$,

even Cody from ID parts got involved and no resolution from his end, I can"t release any more $, and fall again on his tactics of theft,

Believe me I have called him texted him ever since and he does NOT respond, having $4K kidnapped from my financial state, would make me proactive, trying and I have been but he is just simply lying to you on the whole ordeal.

Last edited:

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
There's quite a bit of misinformation floating around here. I have not disappeared nor am I hiding. I simply have gotten busy in the shop and now have a family, so I choose to spend as much free time with them possible and work mostly normal business hours. Reading around on forums isn't a top hobby anymore. I not going to put answering business correspondence above spending time my 7 year old stepdaughter.

As for Maxrpm's business, let's put it to rest. The invoice was for $3185 dated 8/2015 for a built transmission and a turbo parts. The deal that we made was I that I would sell him all parts at just over cost and he was going to trade me a “mint condition 30Kmi BEW” as payment for the labor. I agreed to the deal and paid approximately $250 to have the bew freight shipped to me. Not long after, he mailed me a check for just over $2000 and I started to order parts accordingly. This is the “mint” engine I received.

As you can see, it was far less than mint. The valve cover and accessory bracket were also broken, I apparently tossed them somewhere along the way. The cam was too rust pitted to regrind so it was of no value and the injectors had internal corrosion so they ended up being junk also. Despite all of this, I never canceled our deal and never expressed my displeasure with the engine to Maxrpm.

Now fast forward 6 ish months, I still had not received a check for the balance of the invoice to buy the rest of the parts or any communication. Somewhere around there, I remember getting a demanding text saying he needed the transmission and turbo parts in 3 weeks or something. I told him he still owed me a balance and as soon as he paid it, I would happily buy the rest of his parts and finish his job. No payment ever arrived. Some time after that, I got a message saying something along the lines “I want my job finished, but I'm not paying the balance until I have picture proof they are done and tracking information”. I replied that if the balance is paid, I will happily build the parts, but I'm not buying them out of pocket. I have not received any direct communication since. When I built him a motor and transmission a year or two prior, I shipped the engine/trans to him when he still owed me over $2000 on the invoice. Four or five weeks later I finally received payment for that balance.

The last time Maxrpm and I emailed was August of 2015. The last time he texted me was early summer 2017 to my recollection. After changing phones and carriers multiple times over the last few years, I have no way to access any kind of call history, but to the best of my knowledge I haven't had any missed calls from him since our last text exchange in 2017.

Here are all of your parts

Here they are in a big box. The tracking number of your box is1Z25Y0780323225013 with a scheduled delivery of this friday 10-19. Our business is done, have a nice day.

carbonlupe

TDI
2 01 jetta tdis, 2 01 Jetta tdis, 1 2014 sportwagon
Damn I didn't mean for this post to blow up like this for the record I never thought he ran off with my money I was just trying to track him down. Thought either he got into an accident or number changed or something

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
What a liar you are Matt, you knew the Bew engine was from a 04 TDI kcar that rolled over I even took pics of it before I sent it to you, you even put that engine on a boat and said it was working beutiful, how that hell would you agree to receive an engine blinded Go figure !! you just get created about the whole thing, stop coming up with excuses I got your invoice detailing the what you were supposed to do, i got copy of the check that I sent to you and you said you'd finish the project within 2 weeks, then you fell from the face of the earth, you actually know what time it is, you know what went on, be a man and do not hide!!, you have been avoiding my calls and texts, do you think everybody here would believe your story teller, very simple if i have $4K kidnapped by you, do you think I am going to disappear and forget about it, man up and stop the BS,

about texts do you want me to show how many times I texted you called you and you never replied or called me back, you are less of a man, ever since I've been here at the forum I've dealt with so many vendors big $ engine and all kinds of parts,all I can say is I got respect for all of them, dealt with honor and never owed them anything or neither they did anything twisted to me, you should be ashmed of yourself, can't even believe you are still saying all these stories.

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I am at work and I am replying from my cell I am going to line up my evidence post them here and will prove everybody who is right.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Seems as if the deal is done...the parts have been sent. With luck...you will receive the and be able to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.